F1 2010 Shanghai - China (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
  • Ben McCombie

wow i signed up just to say thanks.

battled to a 1:35 so hard to drive, copied this exactly and dropped 1.5s the very next lap!!!

some of the settings seemed backwards to what you would want IRL?! but it worked so well. felt so much more secure everywhere, no chance of a spin. thanks!!!

Using Lotus in first career season (7 year), legend, no-assists

In Q1 I managed 12th with a 1:38:785

Car - Lotus

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 6
Rear Wing Angle: 4

Braking

Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: medium
Brake Size: standard (no other setting)

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 90% - R 10%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 10

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox

Gear 1: 141 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 170 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 199 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 233 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 269 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 307 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 351 kph / xxx mph

Engine

Throttle map: high
Fuel: 4

Alignment

Camber front: -1.40
Camber rear: -2.80
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.35

I managed 1st in a very wet Q2, so check the Shanghai - China (Wet) if your looking for another career lotus setup.

Have to be a bit more careful on the throttle with this setup, the rear end tries to step out more than most setups. But its pretty fast for a 1st year career in a lotus.

I haven't done many Time Trials, but I did one for Shanghai and managed in the top 400, can't remember time though and it was a McLaren with a slightly modified version of this setup for less downforce, closer to ground, stiffer suspension, and higher gear ratio's. PC version of game, so if you see Kazius74, that's me, will try to do a time trial after the race to get up the ranks further. Seems to help to do a race for 1.5 hours and then do a TT as it feels so easy to drive after.

Car
McLaren
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 90% - R 10%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 1: 144 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 175 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 205 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 240 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 277 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 322 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 373 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: N/A
AlignmentCamber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -2.50
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear:0.35

Time: 1:32.067

PC Version with G25 Wheel

Nice Setup Kazius!
I've made 1.37.5 and Pole Position with the Lotus...

I noticed from testing the McLaren, if you set the rear camber to -2.50 you get extra rear grip. In career race mode, that is like free grip without the tire wear. And rear wheel camber only plays a small role in turning response, so its a good sacrifice.

As far as wet setups go I think this works quite well.

I seem to be competitive in a Lotus on Legend difficulty. But the problem I'm having is that this setup is chewing through intermediate tyres like no tommorow.

3 laps and it's like skating on ice.

Can anyone tell me how to dial in the setup so that the tyres dont suffer as much?

Try keeping the -1.50 on the front camber, and between -2.70 and -2.80 on the rear, but for wet, don't go to -2.50 because rear camber in one direction increases rear traction (used for acceleration grip) and in the other direction increases rear grip for cornering. Camber is the tilt the wheels sit. So if you were looking from the front of the car, and you will notice this on most F1 cars, the wheels are at an angle, with the top of the left and front wheels being closer to each other... that is called negative camber. Positive camber makes a car more responsive to turning the same way Toe-In does, it doesn't help with cornering grip as much. Negative Camber increases damage to wheel on the inside edge. Positive Camber does damage to the wheel on the outside edge. I don't think you can setup a full positive camber in an F1 car as the cars are meant to go around corners at extremely high speeds.

Toe is the angle at which the wheels point. Say you were looking down at the car with the front of the car up. The wheels would point inward at the very front of the car just a slight bit. This is called Toe-In. It helps in turning responsiveness. It does not increase grip in any way and in fact destroys tires if used in excessive amounts. The reason for Toe-In is so when you turn you wheel the car responds to turning quickly. Toe-Out makes a car more stable driving in a straight line.

The reason I say Toe is worse on tire wear than camber is because there is tire wear 100% of the time no matter what. For camber, the tire wear can actually decrease on the tire most of the weight is on during a turn. However, I think I read somewhere that the opposite tire actually gets worn down.

I forgot to note: You don't usually need much Toe-In to make a car respond to turning. Usually a lot of Toe In or Out is just a waste for the tires in race mode. In time trials it doesn't matter because the cars don't take tire damage.

After the wonderous savegame corruption bug I'm back at this track once again.

Kazius, I'd like to give credit to your great explanation of Toe and Camber and for most part I totally agree with your statement.
Except with the required tire change during a race, time made up with just a little more of both doesn't stand off with doing 1 or 2 more laps on your tires. Especially when it comes to overal car stability. But that's just my 2 cents.

As for the china setups. @all -> great work guys timings are really spot on.
Although I'm wondering why every1 is having high rearspring stiffness on a bumpy track like this. Seems to me it's costing me about 3-8 tenths due to high revs and not being able to get through the gears smoothly, thus loosing traction and acceleration.
Why not set a little more rideheight and lower the rear spring stiffness to get a little more traction??

I'm currently loving Kazius' setup for the mclaren... drives very nicely with the s1 virgin also. Doing 1:36.872 on it atm although there's room for improvement is s2 and s3.

Just tried the Setup from Kazius and modified it a bit so that I have more grip on the rear tyres (with his Setup the car is nearly ancontrollable when I give full throttle at a curve exit...) I drove a 1:30:934 in TT...place 38...hopefully the Setup works in Onlinemode the same (could save 1,3s to the first Setup on page 1)

• nufcmickey

Yeah, I don't use any aids, and as far as driving like I'm being chased, that doesn't work well lol. I've even tried to use the best line but just can't get this place figured out. The long left hand corner shows you can take it flat out, Try it and I make it no where near halfway through before the car is going off the track wide. Terribly frustrating so far.

You need to be strong and pull the car into the line, Ive always liked this track and dont see why alot dont like it. But I know what you mean its pulling you wide, it was for me for a while till you get the hang of it and like I said just pull the car into the line, well presumably your using a wheel, If not then get one. I couldnt imagine playing this game with a pad especially with no assists, Keep at it youl get it eventually.

it's crazy, my set up is so different what you suggest. I'm in the force india and can get down into the 1.36 if i really push the car. it just seems to want to understeer its way round despite the fact i crank more and more wing on! i'll give it a run and go from there!

Thanks

• vwag loony

@ Bram
Shanghai - China (Dry)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 10
Gearbox
Gear 1: 150 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 184 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 218 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 252 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 288 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 326 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 365 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50
Tested with McLaren: 1.31.811

So far got 1.32.996 loving the set up reckon i could get down to low 1.32s maybe 1.31s with some practice NICE WORK

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back