Shall we start a real racing team?

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
This is the greatest idea from RD, ever... I would definately support this.

Think about it. If 400 RD members would donate 25 euros, that's already 10.000 euros. Plus sponsors and such, entry level championship already reacheable.

I can already see the prize in our virtual leagues. Win and drive for real for RD :dance2: .

Its just a brainfart, but by no means it should cost our members anything :)

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Yes Ebay was a great brainfart i had... Too bad somebody else had it too :) Whaha

On a side note:

Why not enter the german Mini Cooper Challenge... Cheap, good racing, lots of attention and they are really open to VIP/Guest drivers...

I am sure Maik Peters knows what i mean :D

The livery is already done

hehehe, can Michael fit a diesel into the mini? :dance2: We could then run it on discarded oil from Mcdonald's, Cheap and green...sort of. :laugh2:

omg lol the car would smell like a fastfood resturant and everyone around will start to get hungry :) maybe we should ask mcdonalds or burgerking for sponsoring :D

on a sidenote i hate diesel they belong on fields and not on a racetrack

i thinking one anthing cheaper
a clio, the mini's are quit expensive

a new clio cost 29 000 € :)
and it doesnt need a lot of setup working

you can drive in the german clio cup (or dutch, belgian, ... )

and you can enter special events like the 24h of nurg..

Paulo Ribeiro

Animals and Racing Lover
That is a really cool idea!!!!!
We should think about an all weekend RD members track day aswell. :party2:
You know, a track rented only for RDs people.

On second thought, this is even more dificult to achieve than
the original thread. But wouldn't that be fun?
All of us meeting in a track?

Maybe some day......:skywalker:

K

Kyle Evers

• Kyle Evers

I don't see any problem with this idea except for money, money, money. It's an awesome idea. I know for sure many people here at RD have extensive knowledge of racing and could pitch in a lot, in terms of engineering or whatever. That could cut much cost out.

It's just getting the car, possibly more than one if crashed, hiring mechanics, hiring spotters. Now that I think of it though, many people here would do that for free just because it's an awesome opportunity! I know I would :D

If this really happens, there isn't any doubt it could be the greatest thing ever for this website.

T

Theo Loonstra

• Theo Loonstra

I don't see any problem with this idea except for money, money, money. It's an awesome idea. I know for sure many people here at RD have extensive knowledge of racing and could pitch in a lot, in terms of engineering or whatever. That could cut much cost out.

It's just getting the car, possibly more than one if crashed, hiring mechanics, hiring spotters. Now that I think of it though, many people here would do that for free just because it's an awesome opportunity! I know I would :D

If this really happens, there isn't any doubt it could be the greatest thing ever for this website.

Yep it's gonna cost more than only a car and entry fee for the season.
Car has to be maintained and also transportation of the car has to be paid etc.
As for spotters that's more an oval racing thing and I think with the cars that are suggested so far it's more focused on circuit racing.

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
How about (if we are seriosuly going to do this) host a time leaderboard and the 10fastest guys meet up for something like GT Academy (All we need now is a track, Johnny Herbert and about 15 cars :D)

Might of been suggested, but why not do what TG did? Get a cheap car, race tune it and then do an endurance event :D. Not old enough to drive yet, but when I can.. Boy will I get saving ;)

If you really do wish to start a RaceDepartment racing team, your better off looking at something like Kart racing.

It's alot cheaper than many car series, hence making it more realistic. There are european championships (races mainly in Italy, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands) which are not too expensive to enter and run competitively. There are classes for all people; young, old, skinny, fat..

The price. I dont know exact figures but my educated guess would be around £100,000 running cost for a largish team (exc purchasing lorry and awning etc.) For sure there is alot to it but that gives you an idea.

If successful, who knows, RD could be the founder of some new raw driving talent.

Ollie W.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%