Shall we start a real racing team?

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Was doing a little daydreaming: why arent we seriously investigating to form a real life racing team: RD Motorsports or something :)

We have so many supportive members, and all those members must have very good contacts with other people with contacts etc etc (getting the point?)

We have some real life drivers amoung us so that problem is tackled, now we only need to finance a car, a hospitality trailer, mechanics, and a good series to start in next season :) We have something that other racing teams dont have and need it very badly: the best PR tool possible: internet :)

Running a full season WTCC will cost around 2,500,000 euro's ive heard (including everything)

Dream or...

i was thinking of buying and prepare a car for the next nordschleife 24h ,leeeeess expensive than a complete season in any series,just have to find a good car a prepare it ,to do the nordschleife 24h you don't need to be a real pro ,and have a biiiig car

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Cool idea!

I could be erm.....lol

But seriously we have guys like Ludwig Ghidi, Daniel Juncadella, MARIN COLAK and im pretty sure there are a few more, maybe they could all chip in even if it is a one-race event.

Could I be teamchief pleeaaassse :D

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Nice mainprize for the league: racing course to get your racing license and drive the RD Motorsports car a full season...

Sander <------------ :woop:

Well, I dont know what it costs in Europe, but when I raced Motorcycles here in the US a 7 events/year cost me about $30k (per year). I heard on the cheap side you could get away with about $10k:)

That's why after 3 years I "took" a break. I missed it soo much that my wife bougth me evo. The rest is history:)

Cars are a little more expensive too.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
24H is way too soon! If we enter we go for the podium :) You better start reading those old mechanic books now MH!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000