ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters, PCars, Rf1, Rf2, Iracing

Apps ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters, PCars, Rf1, Rf2, Iracing 3.1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Awesome programme.
Finally downloaded and installed it,
:( only to find it only talks to one shield,
I have a L298n driver, is there away to program the Arduino to run wind speed/fan theu this L298n?

Or will I have to order a adafruit V2?

Awesome programme.
Finally downloaded and installed it,
:( only to find it only talks to one shield,
I have a L298n driver, is there away to program the Arduino to run wind speed/fan theu this L298n?

Or will I have to order a adafruit V2?

Hi ! I f your confident with arduino the sketch is deadly simple you could modify it to fit your hardware without difficulty.

Hey. Love the app but noticed it uses a lot of CPU. When you come to work on this again could you have a look at this?

Also another idea for the app if you want it is when you select a different game it changes profiles.

Hey. Love the app but noticed it uses a lot of CPU. When you come to work on this again could you have a look at this?

Also another idea for the app if you want it is when you select a different game it changes profiles.

Yep I've noticed it also, I'm currently preparing the next version of Simhub and found lots of perf tuning ways, I will replicate it ASAP on ShakeIt ;)

Hey, very useful program, great work. Do you know if I can use this with teensy++ 2.0? Would be awesome because I already use one to hook my pedal on PC. Thanks!

Hey, very useful program, great work. Do you know if I can use this with teensy++ 2.0? Would be awesome because I already use one to hook my pedal on PC. Thanks!

I guess that the code could but the shield is no really conceived to do this. Honestly it would be really bulky. Arduino Uno clones are really cheap.

Amazing work mate. Going to get the parts today. I saw that you are hoping to integrate rFactor 2 support when you get a copy.
That's awesome.

If you could also add support for Richard Burns Rally that would be great.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Wotever updated ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters & PCars with a new update entry:

Mooarrr games

Hi big update this time !

What's new ?
  • Iracing support
  • Automobilista / RF1 support
  • RF2 support
  • Updated all the previous game readers for performance and lower CPU.
  • When FFB preview is disabled now there is not anymore any data updated, it should avoid the random crash bug
  • When FFB preview is enabled, the display refresh occurs less often reducing the preview load.

Read the rest of this update entry...

You're meaning extract simvibe generated audio to transform it as a ffb ? Smart :D

I guess the best way would be for the devs of simvibe to allow this hardware to be assigned as an output. Then you could control everything from simcommander software.

Great job implementing more profiles mate. Awesome work. Nice that RF2 is now supported.
Only RBR missing now ;)

Also wondered if it's possible to implement wheel lock and other parameters for all games?
At the moment Assetto corsa has the most assignable effects.
Dirt, and rfactor 2 can't sign wheel lock?

Last edited:
I think he is limited in what telemetry he can pull out of the varying sims. He said somewhere else that the telemetry he could pull out of RBR is poor, hence I didn't get the impression that he would be doing that one.

Really happy with RF2 though with the exception of the wheel lockup being missing (presumably due to how the physics in RF2 are handled) everything feels awesome.

Is anyone else getting any odd behaviour out of shakeit after the patch though? occasionally it will load into memory but not show up the GUI and have to task kill and restart. Also sometimes it randomly lags so everything is delayed out to approx 600ms delay or other applications running end up lagging with delay (even the steam ui).

I think he is limited in what telemetry he can pull out of the varying sims. He said somewhere else that the telemetry he could pull out of RBR is poor, hence I didn't get the impression that he would be doing that one.

Really happy with RF2 though with the exception of the wheel lockup being missing (presumably due to how the physics in RF2 are handled) everything feels awesome.

Is anyone else getting any odd behaviour out of shakeit after the patch though? occasionally it will load into memory but not show up the GUI and have to task kill and restart. Also sometimes it randomly lags so everything is delayed out to approx 600ms delay or other applications running end up lagging with delay (even the steam ui).
You got it about RBR there is not enough data, for RF wheel lock I don't have the tyre slip data so I can't tell if you're blocking the wheel, I will look if I can find an alternative anyway ;)
For the UI did you keep the charts disabled ? They're heavy :(

You got it about RBR there is not enough data, for RF wheel lock I don't have the tyre slip data so I can't tell if you're blocking the wheel, I will look if I can find an alternative anyway ;)
For the UI did you keep the charts disabled ? They're heavy :(

Yeah I rarely use the charts, they were definitely off, I typically dial everything in by feel. The previous version apart from the odd time that it crashed was overall pretty stable in behavior and didn't have any similar issues with it.

I have checked that shakeit is set with admin permissions and I remember that when I started it the first time it also requested permissions on my windows firewall which didn't happen with the previous version.

Today I double clicked the icon and assumed that I had not double clicked fast enough so I did it again and nothing happened. So I checked task manager and two instances were showing there, one with 80% load.

I don't know if the odd lag situation is definitely shakeit as I have not managed to figure out how to reproduce it yet, but it has happened twice so far. The weird thing was a massive delay on the motor feedback on sliders moving. task manager quitting it and relaunching ended up with the same situation, (so didn't reset the lag factor). Restarting resolved it.

Another time weirdness occurred it was actually steam that showed that weird lag and the shakeit app was fine.

I will try to narrow down a reproducible scenario for either situation and screencap for you. Windows recently updated + the Thrustmaster T300 was recognised as a 2 axis controller and pedals didn't work right around the same time so it could potentially be driver problems or a conflict also...just a thought...did the COM port change relative to the previous version? Maybe with Steam VR Beta, Shakeit, and RF2 Beta plus a pile of USB ports involved there are a few too many variables in my setup at the moment, hence I thought I would ask if anyone else had anything similar happen...

Either way with the performance fixes in RF2 for VR that came on the 9th plus your shakeit update I am VERY happy with the current state of affairs. So truly thank you so much for the work you have put into this app, it takes an otherwise great VR experience and transforms it into an amazing one. When you have 24 stock cars roaring around you with the bumps and speed rumbling through the frame, the rpm rattling your seat and the gear changes hitting you right in the kidneys everyone I have shown it to eventually pulls the headset off with this look on their face, saying "WOW..."

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%