Shadows

Hello anyone having the shadow of the car disapearing in replay mod or TV camera mod ?!

I want to point out that this game is very promising. The latest cars from ISI are sexy as hell, URD and Mak cars are insanily good looking, RMT Megane Trophy mod is looking insane.

I just wish more would also be put with the tracks... rFactor 2 or AC tracks layouts are awesome (specialy AC with the lazer tracking), but the surrounding details are poor... specialy compared to Pcars. Hell, AC and rFactor are till WIP games so will keep hoping on that aspect of the game.

The disappearing shadows bug has been around for a while...

Iirc it can be helped quite a lot by having shadows on max but it is something that needs to be looked at.

The disappearing shadows bug has been around for a while...

Iirc it can be helped quite a lot by having shadows on max but it is something that needs to be looked at.

I play with everything max out. Weird they haven't fix that issue yet. The real complaint I can make about ISI, is that they are not consistent with their updates... Pcars is every week, AC once every two week but rF2 is whenenever they feel like it :S

People have been begging ISI to fix the shadow problems for two years now... I am starting to think that it is impossible or ISI just doesn't care that it looks terrible, or they think its fine, or its too big a performance hit... who knows really. It's very annoying.

Hehehe It's not a bug.. It has to do with LOD values.
Mostly, those values are being set wrong by the track developers. Although there have been a few issues where it was indeed a bug, the most cases when we mortals notice this behaviour, its because of camera LOD settings of the track.

Again, this does not go for ALL instances, but for most of them.

Hehehe It's not a bug.. It has to do with LOD values.
Mostly, those values are being set wrong by the track developers. Although there have been a few issues where it was indeed a bug, the most cases when we mortals notice this behaviour, its because of camera LOD settings of the track.

Again, this does not go for ALL instances, but for most of them.

Is there a fix for it ? I mainly race and hot lap on Monza and Gilles Villeneuve track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%