Shadows

Justin Swan

RD-DVLC
@Andrew Ford or anybody else who may know? I've deleted all files in Log/Shaders but I'm still getting shadows dropping in and out on my car in replays and others cars whilst racing. Any idea whats causing it? Settings all on High.

Last edited:
Haven't tried that yet, will I have trouble with my liscence?
Make a backup copy for your licence->
Look for a folder named .rFactor in the Windows Application Data “appdata” folder. Simply save that folder and replace it in the same location after you have reformatted, or done whatever else you were doing.
Note that if you make a major system change, you will still have to reactivate.

Info found->http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2help/

Smoke, sprays and particles are still in development. Not final yet, so they will change with coming builds again.
The shadows I am not sure how to fix. I know we had that in the beginning. You can tweak a bit in the settings, but indeed its also a bit track related. Have to see how my install behaves with MidOhio and the Meganes. been a while since looked at that.

Smoke, sprays and particles are still in development. Not final yet, so they will change with coming builds again.
The shadows I am not sure how to fix. I know we had that in the beginning. You can tweak a bit in the settings, but indeed its also a bit track related. Have to see how my install behaves with MidOhio and the Meganes. been a while since looked at that.

Well I feel a bit more positive about rf2 now, well from my PC's point of view anyway. I was beginning to think it was just me having these problems and it's been putting me off playing it for quite some time. Would have though the devs would have sorted a lot of these issues by now but........I'm not the devs ;)

Well, it is a matter of priorities, and dividing time. There are a lot of things they have to address, and implement. A lot which is not so much noticed by drivers, but more by modders who can make content.

rfactor2 has come a very long way since release, and is not comparable in its current form anymore if you ask me.
That being said, there are still some things that REALLY need to be addressed. I know they are working hard on that, and improvements keep on coming.

So, patience is the thing here I think :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back