1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Shadow mapping

Discussion in 'Racer' started by iroker, May 27, 2010.

1. iroker

iroker

Ratings:
    +0
    I am wondering why the racer is using only shadow volumes and not the shadow mapping method. My opinion is that a such implementation will give a more realistic rendering results.
    For those readers that dont know what shadow mapping is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_mapping

2. MitchVL

MitchVL

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +612
    Mitch, did I read something about dynamic autoclutch rpm in the blog post above the shadow mapping? are you and Ruud working towards a better simulated automatic?

and the shadow mapping looks awesome. :good: can't wait for the next version

4. MitchVL

MitchVL

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as i know, the automatic is not being revised. The new autoclutch is just for fast take-off's.
    You will have to ask Ruud for more detailed information, i'm far from an expert in vehicle dynamics.

5. iroker

iroker

Ratings:
    +0
    thx for the link.
    by the way here is a example with source of the parrallel split method, somehow i think is usefull:http://hax.fi/asko/PSSM.html

6. MitchVL

MitchVL

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the approach we went for, and it does it job pretty damn good if i might add!
    We made the technique our own and improved it to make it look even better than the standard technique.

7. Alex Forbin

Alex Forbin

Ratings:
    +125
    Beta Beta Beta ... ;)

Alex Forbin

8. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +612
    Yes Yes Yes :p

9. Mr Whippy