1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Severe graphics issue

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Rhys Gardiner, Jun 3, 2010.

1. I have much the same problem in rFactor. When I drive around, there's huge black "curtains" all over the track which I can just drive through, and there are skewed textures all over the place. Is there a way to solve this?

2. Bump... can anyone help? It's a bit urgent... :(

3. hmm without wanting to worry you but could be your GFX board be broken can you post a pic of what it looks ??

4. Is it the same with all games? Because that could be a broken graphics card there, sorry to say. :S

5. You can find pictures of what it looks like in rFactor here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. That looks like a graphics card on it's way out to me...

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yes indeed, the last time I had such an issue my GFX caught so much dust it was almost unrecognizable :D

8. yes that looks like the GPU or the gfxRams on the board are giving up :( sorry to have no better to say
    and i highly think that is not what you wanted to hear :/

Bram why you talking about dust.. that remembers me to do the monthly clean up on my hardware

9. You're right, it isn't... :rose-dead:

So does this mean that it's truly stuffed? Or judging from what Bram said, should I just open up the PC and give it a good clean?

10. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Clean the dust out and give it another go. If it doesnt work after that you might wanna think of getting a new GPU.

11. It works fine in rF now... thanks James. :D

Just in time to be too late for an event though... ah well.

12. Okay... mayday, mayday...

The problem is gone in rF, but it's still there in RACE On. I gave the PC a blow to get the dust out, so there shouldn't be a problem... any ideas? I have an event tomorrow that I can't miss.

13. Whoah, hallelujah - it's righted itself. I just restarted Steam... someone must be watching over me... :D

14. you are lucky mate :) keep it cleaned on a regular basis every 1 or 2 month cuz who knows if the card will survive a 2nd heat strike