1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe graphics issue

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Rhys Gardiner, Jun 3, 2010.

1. I have much the same problem in rFactor. When I drive around, there's huge black "curtains" all over the track which I can just drive through, and there are skewed textures all over the place. Is there a way to solve this?
  2. Bump... can anyone help? It's a bit urgent... :(
  3. hmm without wanting to worry you but could be your GFX board be broken can you post a pic of what it looks ??
  4. Is it the same with all games? Because that could be a broken graphics card there, sorry to say. :S
  5. You can find pictures of what it looks like in rFactor here:
  6. That looks like a graphics card on it's way out to me...
  7. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yes indeed, the last time I had such an issue my GFX caught so much dust it was almost unrecognizable :D
  8. yes that looks like the GPU or the gfxRams on the board are giving up :( sorry to have no better to say
    and i highly think that is not what you wanted to hear :/

Bram why you talking about dust.. that remembers me to do the monthly clean up on my hardware
  9. You're right, it isn't... :rose-dead:

So does this mean that it's truly stuffed? Or judging from what Bram said, should I just open up the PC and give it a good clean?
  10. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Clean the dust out and give it another go. If it doesnt work after that you might wanna think of getting a new GPU.
  11. It works fine in rF now... thanks James. :D

Just in time to be too late for an event though... ah well.
  12. Okay... mayday, mayday...

The problem is gone in rF, but it's still there in RACE On. I gave the PC a blow to get the dust out, so there shouldn't be a problem... any ideas? I have an event tomorrow that I can't miss.
  13. Whoah, hallelujah - it's righted itself. I just restarted Steam... someone must be watching over me... :D
  14. you are lucky mate :) keep it cleaned on a regular basis every 1 or 2 month cuz who knows if the card will survive a 2nd heat strike