F1 2011 Several Problems need fixing for F1 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
As we know, there are several problems that need fixing. One of these is when you go round a corner, hugging the apex near a wall, or just running close to a wall, the car stops still and wrecks if damage is on at the 'phatmom' or 'Invisible wall', at leaston Xbox 360 and PS3. Another problem is with the penalty system, where if someone stops in front of you on a straight, it gives you a penalty, or someone is whacking you in a corner, or down a straight, and if someone spins out in front of you, and you go on the grass to avoid it you get a penalty. The force India pit lane bug online, where it only goes 60 kmp/h down the pit lane after you stop, and also when you come to lap someone, I believe you shouldn't be able to make contact with them, so it doesn't mess your race, maybe they turn into a ghost car. Any other ideas please share with us.

Better tire sim in weather

In my opinion the tires need to be far more realistic in the different weather conditions I did a 1:32 in a none dry track on options then i went out in wet weather on options and I got a 1:34 and the thing that really got me was the handling felt exactly the same. Also, regarding the weather, the white lines and kerbs should be much more slippery in the rain than they are in F1 2010.

Another thing I think they need to sort out is the contact with the bollards, if your going wheel-to-wheel through a corner with someone, and your on the inside and getting push into the apex where there is an bollard and you hit it, it will either spin you around, or bring you to a sudden stop. As well as this, the contact with a wall or another player or computer when your front wing has been dislodged or broke the point of contact stays the same as when the front wing was on, in the next game, the point of contact should change depending on the damage sustained. The next thing I think that should be upgraded is an obvious one, the damage, I don't know if Stephen Hood has said anything about this I would like to know, because with other Codemasters game I was stunned by the attension to detail with the damage simulation, and I just felt the F1 2011 was a bit of a let down on that front.
Another point of improvement, in my opinion are the brakes. This weekend is the Hungarian Grand Prix, in F1 2010 the brake were nowhere near as effective as they are in real life. The first corner, at the Hungaroring, I brake with small brakes, high brake pressure and 52% brake bias to the front, and the latest I can brake is about 125 meters from the corner, otherwise I don't make the apex. I was watching qualifying and Fernando Alonso braked 70 meters from the corner.

In multiplayer more penalties for people cutting the same corner repeatedly, I've seen the same racer cut the chicane in Hungary on every lap of a 3 lap race and still not get a penalty.
If they had some sort of player stats that recorded which corners a player tried to skip then they could penalise them quicker every race when the player tried to skip those corners.

The first corner, at the Hungaroring, I brake with small brakes, high brake pressure and 52% brake bias to the front, and the latest I can brake is about 125 meters from the corner, otherwise I don't make the apex. I was watching qualifying and Fernando Alonso braked 70 meters from the corner.

I'm pretty sure most cars will have their brake bias towards the rear at the first corner.
First chance they get to recharge KERS.

AI on qual laps and getting stuck on pit release bugged me the most, plus the freeze glitch ruined many a good lap.Had a thought though, I've read they are making the cars more susceptible to failures, do you think they could introduce random pit lane blunders like the gun jams or a nut falls off. It would be annoying but fantastically realistic.

I hope they make improvement with the xbox steering wheel as there is not enough buttons to avail of the short cut option i.e. replays, flashbacks and looking around especially. Also hope the side mirrors are more useful in all camera angle or the option to insert a rear view mirror top of the screen.

I think a good way of correcting the penalty system would be to record the incident, then at the end of the race the show it to the whole human field, who then vote on the incident whether it is a penalty or not. But of course there would be chance for corruption if this happened, so I think, if the people are in an F1 party, those other people in the f1 party should be allowed to vote.

AI fuel/tyre wear has been done to death but something else which really irritated me in F1 2010 was the lack of heat management in the tyres, brakes and engine. Although it was mentioned a lot by CM as a feature in the build up to the games release, it was practically non existent in the finished game.

Loss of grip on cold tyres, cooling down hot tyres on damp parts of the track, loos of braking performance on cold/overheated brakes etc etc non of it was in the game.

This is why I take everything churned out by the PR department for this years release about features with a sceptical pinch of salt.

If you illegally overtake, you should be forced to give the position back rather than get a penalty. If you don't give it back, you get the penalty.

The pit crew needs to stop holding you up in the pits.

Improve the braking, because we need to brake at the 200m mark for the chicanes in Monza while the real life cars can brake about 80m before.

Fix the corner cutting, because the game calls corner cutting when you put half the tire over the white line, and won't call it when you cut the corner with half of the car on other corners.

Get the PC optimization right. Even people with the best PCs struggle with under 30fps with all lows. Probably the worst optimized PC game next to GTA4.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back