• Deleted member 285445

Hello,
anyone may have a Setup for the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 @ Red Bull Ring GP?
thanks

The set up section is for posting setup for a car on a track, they will be added to the directory for easy finding
Staff will update the Directory as needed with cars and tracks of said set ups

please add in your post for easy reference later
  1. version number of game
  2. Car
  3. track, if modded track version number
  4. track temps if applicable
  5. driving aids if used
  6. tires
you may add a lap time
but its not a hotlap competition in the tread.

post header should read example
car@track
BMW M3 GT2 @ Vallelunga

please note:
threads of same car and tracks will be merged

Last edited:
Hi,

Anyone got setups for Trento Bondone? (Would try any car really).

I can't seem to find any (forgive me if I missed some).

If there aren't any available anyone got any general tips for how to set up cars for this track?

Thanks.

Mod edit: this post was moved to the correct section

Last edited by a moderator:
setup for the Formula Hybrid RSS on Red Bull Ring GP

please guys does anyone have this car??

cant imagine this so don't keep the setup a secret please guys

Since i am doing a league with these cars, i also had the problem of the tires not heating up.
Asked around in the league and seems that everyone has that problem with heating.
Then they told me that with this car you should not aim to get the temps perfect but it is more important to make sure the tire pressures are in the green (seen on the ac tire app). When you are then doing some laps your tires wil get warmer. I think this is like this because in real life they race without mandatory pitstops so the tires need to hold up the entire race and only will be changed in between races (that is why there are only hard compound tires), but i also can be wrong but i am hearing this story more often.

Last edited:
Will have a look into that later on but for pressure vs temps:
If you have a look into some "very good mods" you will see that the tire temps are only a multiplicator for the grip with a few different steps (like the colours).
If the optimum (Green) is 100%, the step below (light blueish) has 98%. You can feel that but it's not like you are sliding on ice!

The pressure has more influence. It has impact on the "footprint", the rolling resistance and the "stiffness" so in short: on the overall behaviour of the car.
It's more important to have some greenish pressure than warm tires so only go for green pressures (about 3-6 psi +/- optimum)!

To the bouncy car: start with fast bumps and go down to slower bumps and see which modulates your bounciness the most. I would start with reducing the fast bump damper settings, then the normal damper settings and if it's not the lack of inertia that's causing the bounciness I would reduce the springs but they have impact to the overall handling.

If you feel that the car isn't bouncing with the tires but more like the whole car is too stiff you should reduce the anti-roll-bars.

As said these are just quick and general hints. I will have a look at the car today or over the week :)

First post here on this section, I will make a request, because I know some little things about setup.

Lotus 98t at Mugello, qualify setup.

First, why? Because I think this car at this track is a perfect combination, high speed corners, this is a perfect track for almost car with lots of downforce, large tyres and powered engines.

Second. So, I tried some setups that I download elsewhere, but dont fit my style. After this, I tried mysefl. Change just a minor things on car. Aero, 17/17, full wings, the straight is not so long to take advantage from a higher top speed, 308 or 309 km/h seems enough to me. Camber, I put 3,5 on front and 3 on rear. I think the high banked corners on Mugello needs real higher camber. Gearshifts, I use only from third to sixth gear, just 302 km/h on max speed displayed on GUI of Kunos, the car can reach more than that. Put the height of the car to 48 mm on front and 60 mm on rear. The tyre pressures green on almost track, so, low values of pressure. Max turbo and max engine limit, I change the gear at 12500 rpm.

I changed for just some laps the suspension too. Stiffer two clicks on the left side front and rear.

I see that the car reach higher temperatures on the left tyres, the reasons are obvious on this track.

The time, something very close to 1:26:000.

My question, what I have to do to balance the tyres left/right? What is usefull to do here on Mugello? Stiffer suspension? changes on toe make the car better for the banked high speed corners? And the bumps? I dont know about the bumpers, some tips for bumps can be very helpful.

Im sure this car can do a better lap time, for two reasons, Im not skillfull enough, and I can see that the car can do more with a very strong setup.

First post here on this section, I will make a request, because I know some little things about setup.

Lotus 98t at Mugello, qualify setup.

First, why? Because I think this car at this track is a perfect combination, high speed corners, this is a perfect track for almost car with lots of downforce, large tyres and powered engines.

Second. So, I tried some setups that I download elsewhere, but dont fit my style. After this, I tried mysefl. Change just a minor things on car. Aero, 17/17, full wings, the straight is not so long to take advantage from a higher top speed, 308 or 309 km/h seems enough to me. Camber, I put 3,5 on front and 3 on rear. I think the high banked corners on Mugello needs real higher camber. Gearshifts, I use only from third to sixth gear, just 302 km/h on max speed displayed on GUI of Kunos, the car can reach more than that. Put the height of the car to 48 mm on front and 60 mm on rear. The tyre pressures green on almost track, so, low values of pressure. Max turbo and max engine limit, I change the gear at 12500 rpm.

I changed for just some laps the suspension too. Stiffer two clicks on the left side front and rear.

I see that the car reach higher temperatures on the left tyres, the reasons are obvious on this track.

The time, something very close to 1:26:000.

My question, what I have to do to balance the tyres left/right? What is usefull to do here on Mugello? Stiffer suspension? changes on toe make the car better for the banked high speed corners? And the bumps? I dont know about the bumpers, some tips for bumps can be very helpful.

Im sure this car can do a better lap time, for two reasons, Im not skillfull enough, and I can see that the car can do more with a very strong setup.

Don't worry about left vs right temps, even though the left side will be hotter it will still be right in the optimum range. Just make sure pressures are ok all corners.

Make sure the front is at the lowest possible. The default spring rate is fine. Adjust front ARB to get the balance you feel ok with.

Your rear ride height is ok but try much softer springs. 85-95.

You have way too much camber for these tyres. Run a few clicks less camber(clicks towards positive) than default both front and rear.

Max DF is ok. The two fast right handers should be flatout easy. If they aren't something is very wrong.

I didn't even touch dampers, diff, packers, toe and the car does 1.23s. It can probably get down to 1.22s

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back