Setups on PC vs Console

Just curious, I've seen a few youtube setups lately that were done on the console. Do they transfer well to the pc too?

The ones I tried seemed really tough to handle, but I'm not sure if its the setup or they just don't transfer.

Given that it's the same sim I would guess that they transfer ok, but perhaps there is something different going on behind the scenes? Aside from that, it could just be the setup. I've tried setups from some of the aliens here on RD, and can barely do a lap let alone get near their lap times! :alien:

There are differences between the console and the PC version of Assetto Corsa.

The setups should transfer fairly well, but will not be perfect, since the PC is usually 1 version of the physics 'engine' newer - never mind that they have to optimize the game differently for console vs PC and the inevitable differences that will bring.

A lot of 'alien' setups - not all - but many are also optimized for a single perfect lap using some pretty extreme techniques that are not optimal for consistent runs - you see their 1 perfect lap, but you don't see the other 20 where they spin out trying to take corners with extreme on the edge trail braking techniques.

They also favor a car turning too fast (over-steer) compared to too slow(under-steer), because you can tweak your driving style to take advantage of too fast / over-steer. In other words, if you ran for a week with that alien setup that is twitchy and spins out on every turn, you'd eventually get used to it. Namely, you would turn in a little less, brake a little lighter at the end, get on the gas a little smoother - etc... which will all make you faster regardless of setup, but especially so with one that over-steers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back