F1 2010 Setups are a sham...

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
S

Stephen White

• Stephen White

Worked all day on an Interlagos setup, worked my way up from the stable quick setup one change at a time, many laps of testing...

went online and saw that I was in 100th place (that includes those who use diving aids so if you get rid of those guys i am much higher placed)...saw that the top guys without aides were two to three seconds faster...

loaded up about 4 of them as ghost laps...started running and quickly realized they had much more straight line speed...

turned on the ultra low downforce quicksetup...went back out without changing it...and....

wait for it....

voila a second a lap quicker, after literally 4 laps I was now 55th on the leaderboard.

I think the short of it is: use the low downforce quicksetup to hotlap...

That's 5 hours of reading about setting up F1 cars I won't get back! I have no wing for the infield section of Interlagos, yet i am a full second a lap faster....

lol. what a joke...

well did you just not try altering DF levels before fiddling with the specifics? First thing I do

But I kinda agree that it does always seem to be low DF is the way to go even on tracks where you know its high DF. Not an issue just adapt to it.

Yea fun to read but annoys me a bit too, people saying things like "OMG Codemasters change the HUD!!!!". I reckon they'll do 1 patch to fix major bugs/easy to fix but leave rest for 2011 which doesnt really bother me too much, just hope they fix the R&D thing.

• Kings Of Chaos

Its useless, that forum is full of trolls and people throwing cake at each other from each side, wasting your time. Im pretty sure codies have decided "cheers we'l sort it out for F1 2011" for most of the things.

Your being a bit mean yourself slating people you do not know.
As for not fixing anything till 2011?.I do not think this will be the case as no one including myself will buy it.....

Your being a bit mean yourself slating people you do not know.
As for not fixing anything till 2011?.I do not think this will be the case as no one including myself will buy it.....

I've been on the codemasters forum, it doesnt take long to see the chaos that goes on there, you could have the most amazing bit of feedback in the world, and you have to fit that in amongst all the crap that gets posted there, like a needle in a haystack.

Codemasters already said about the AI posting fake times, that they were going to fix it for F1 2011. Sure they will fix some of the minor issues, but the big ones are things that would take a lot of time, back to the drawing board. They didnt have enough time to finish the game but were under pressure to release for the money making, which is why they probably compromised on so much, and why so many bugs got through.

• de Frysk

lol. so, on the very twisty tracks you run almost no downforce??
maybe i should ask the team to take away all the wings, so my car get's lighter and thus faster..

I was beginning to get the feeling the aero affects were a bit misleading. I was using the wing adjustment in car on most tracks, but started to notice if i just left it down, i was almost always faster, no matter where. It also seemed any increase in aero just added huge understeer to the car.

I think the setups provided by the engineer might change based on the track, so "low-downforce" on a slow track will still have more downforce than "low-downforce" on a fast track. I haven't actually checked this though.

It was mentioned in a video blog that when you go to a circuit the setup is done for you. So a low downforce setup really only means low downforce for that circuit. A monza high downforce setup will, for example, still be lower downforce than a monaco low downforce setup.

However, I have no idea if that is actually true - I've not tested it. Just going on what was said in the blog.

I think you guys are really missing the point of preset setups by Codemasters...
My point is... let's see..

Monza -> Lowest downforce setup... MAX Speed = ~350 km/h...
Monaco -> Lowest downforce setup... MAX Speed = ~290 km/h...

The Lowest doenforce setup is dependent of each track, which means it's LOW downforce for THAT track... When I pratice, to learn the track, I use the default setup... much more cornering grip, control, etc... as long as I start learning the track I use the lower DF setups... I guess people are just trying so hard to find bugs in this game... It's certainly not perfect... but I haven't had so much fun with a racing game since a long time!! It's astunishing the arcade/sim line they got the handling to be...

EDIT: Hum... Looks like Andrew Macpherson said it earlier... didn't read! :D

I think you guys are really missing the point of preset setups by Codemasters...
My point is... let's see..

Monza -> Lowest downforce setup... MAX Speed = ~350 km/h...
Monaco -> Lowest downforce setup... MAX Speed = ~290 km/h...

The Lowest doenforce setup is dependent of each track, which means it's LOW downforce for THAT track... When I pratice, to learn the track, I use the default setup... much more cornering grip, control, etc... as long as I start learning the track I use the lower DF setups... I guess people are just trying so hard to find bugs in this game... It's certainly not perfect... but I haven't had so much fun with a racing game since a long time!! It's astunishing the arcade/sim line they got the handling to be...

EDIT: Hum... Looks like Andrew Macpherson said it earlier... didn't read! :D

thats good to know. i was gonna add that in tt u have ideal conditions, rubbered in track, tyre temps ext, so machanical grip is hight using as low wing as possible therefore kind of makes sence (esspecialy now concidering the abouve quote). i find ne setup i make for tt needs work for a race it realy is a diffrent kettle of fish.

• de Frysk

i'm not trying to find bugs. I try to avoid bugs. Can't help it that this game is much like a flea infested room..
I mean, i have fun when it goes smooth, but than something incredibly weird happens, and i go, whut! and bang, fun out of the window.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%