F1 2012 Setup settings: opposite of what I expected

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all.

I need you help in order to understand setup setting.
With 2012 for me it's quite difficult to "feel" the car and correct its behaviour by setup.

On track I cant feel the difference, the only difference is in the time, even if I change the setup in the opposite direction..
So I have to proceed in the dark and check only the lap time (I'm not Alonso ;) but I'm struggle with legend AI).

Last night for curiosity I have checked the proposed quick setup.... then I definitely didn't understand nothing.

This is the setup proposed for a WET race.

1.jpg

This one for DRY condition.
2.jpg

The opposite I expected....:O_o:
Same for the roll bar setting.

P.S. I have a T500 F1 configured like Soylattes in this thread and it feel good for me.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/configuration-ferrari-f1-wheel-integral-t500-rs.56190/

Bye!

I am with you here. If that is the correct setting in the game of the rideheight than either we are all doing it wrong or Codemasters made a huge mistake.

Rideheight one should be a low value (close to the ground, dry setting) where a higher value means that the car is higher (wet setting).

Interesting find!

So if you're running on high values for rideheight you should get better paces than using low values in dry conditions? This doesn't make sense, if you run too much close to the ground on wet conditions, your car will slide on the water.. Can't understand CM's logic

They had this hickup too with F1 2010 where they had the cambers all mixed up. High negative values on the rear and smaller values on the front :)

Strange thing is that it was totally wrong and yet didnt effected the handling :)

The opposite I expected....:O_o:
Same for the roll bar setting.
Bye!

Thats weird.
Even more for the anti roll bar.

Im really not an expert on stiffness, but at least for the height what i know is that lower ride = more downforce, but for the rain this can't be good due to aquaplaning, so i use a higher ride height. For the bar i believe that using a lower value for the front and higher for the back its better for dry settings and more oversteer, so less agressive values should be used for wet settings. Thats what i believe its right. Bram, correct me if im wrong please :thumbsup:

I am with you here. If that is the correct setting in the game of the rideheight than either we are all doing it wrong or Codemasters made a huge mistake.

Rideheight one should be a low value (close to the ground, dry setting) where a higher value means that the car is higher (wet setting).

Interesting find!

What if the ride-height slider is different when you put wet weather treads on ??
Usually a 1cm height difference between slicks & inters or wets i believe !!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back