Setup Saving Coming to R3E

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Saving Setups 1.jpg

Sector3 Studios have recently started releasing images of upcoming enhancements to RaceRoom Racing Experience in the form of the much needed and highly requested option to save car setups in game.

Curiously missing since the RaceRoom beta first hit the digital shelves back in 2012, saving and loading of car setups is very high on many people's list of 'must have' features in any modern racing title and now the compact Swedish team will be bringing this function - alongside other as yet unannounced features - in the upcoming R3E patch due to hit the game... "soon".

With additional features and updates promised in the upcoming patch, Sector3 had the following to say:

"Our programmers are busy as ever preparing game feature and function improvements for the coming game updates. Right now the focus is on ForceFeedback, car setup functionality, Fuel use and a brand new updated compact Head-Up-Display implementation"

With impressive new content in the form of the Audi Sport TT Cup car, NSU Prinz TTS, Formula RaceRoom 2 alongside previews of the upcoming Formula RaceRoom Junior and Bentley Continental GT3 fans of the title will be pleased to see some new features and functionality on the horizon.

RaceRoom Racing Experience has a long way to go before it can match some of its more developed rivals for in-game features and functionality, but this is another solid step in the right direction for a game that has shown good improvement in the last 18 months. Of course questions are raised as to why such a fundamental feature hadn't been implemented sooner, but better late than never.

RaceRoom Saving Setups 2.jpg

With the planned Force Feedback changes, recently implemented physics updates to some vehicles in-game and of course the upcoming release of the legendary Nordschleife in all it's laser-scanned glory, 2016 is shaping up to be a big year for this sim.

Don't forget to take a look at the RaceRoom Racing Experience forum and Racing Club right here on RaceDepartment.

At long last some much needed new and important functionality is coming to R3E! Are you excited about the ability to save setups in game? Will you be sharing yours in the RaceRoom forum here at RD? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I admire the effort and the extent you went to in producing this article, Paul. So I won't spoil it by expressing my real thoughts towards R3E and it's development.

Your efforts are appreciated, Paul. :thumbsup:

A sim with great potential but it's of course hilarious that it takes this long to bring back features such as setup saving that have been industry standards since sim racing on the PC started back in 1852.

Still too many things missing for this game to be called next-gen. Awesome graphics, even better sounds, decent selection of cars and tracks but for the rest it's missing a plethora of features.

Another step in the right direction. Of course something essential like this should've been there from the start, but it's not like other sims are doing much better in regard to availability of key features.

As other's have already said it was about time this was added but whenever I heard interviews on the subject (or read articles online) the feeling I got was it was something that was difficult to implement, whether that was due to the way the game works I don't know.

Still one of my favourite sims and I would use it more (the DTM's are great fun) but most leagues use GSCE, AC, or RF2 so those I practise on the most. The online servers just became a mess so I stay away from those now! ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%