1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Setup required to play this game...

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by dangerous365, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Hi
    I love DTM and found this game on the google search.
    What do I need to get the most out of this game? I currently only own a macbook.

• A wheel? Which wheel? Control pad?
    • A top quality windows computer?
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

You need a windows 7 PC for starters.
    Here's the manual which lists the spec required
    http://www.dtm-experience.com/dtm-manual-en.pdf

As for controllers, that's all about personal preference. You can play it with a controller but naturally you'll get the best out of it with a wheel.
    Have a look through the forum to see what others are using and their experiences :)
    Come back and ask any questions..
    DTM is a great title and will only improve through this year :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

You'd have to run Windows 7 through "Bootcamp" before you can go any further. Also, I doubt a macbook would have enough Graphic power to give you anything halfway decent.

I can't run DTM on my i3-2120 laptop with HD4000 (directX 11) graphics. I need to run it on a gaming spec PC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Which wheel would you recommend?

also, is the game still good with a normal controller (because obviously this would be a cheaper route)

5. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

Personally I've not used a controller but Simbin included controller support so I'd expect it to be more than playable :)
    As for wheels you don't have to spend hundreds. You can pick up secondhand Logitech wheels for around £50 (or less) like the Driving Force Pro or even Driving Force GT, both are excellent wheels to get you going. Pretty much any force feedback wheel will be a good start. Once you've done a lap with a feedback wheel you wont look back ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Perhaps F1 wheel would be great experience for this game also.

7. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

It plays okay with the Fanatec F1 rim for me but the rim is too small so I use the GT rim all the time now, I'd love a proper DTM style rim :)

8. Can someone recommend a pc that will be able to handle this game? or a link to a good pc. thanks

9. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

Every machine with a i5/i7 and gtx 660, but it also runs on my second PC with a AMD x4 and gtx 460.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  10. For high graphics you need good graphic card and lots of ram. Even my specs 2gb graphic card, 6gb ram and 2,8 GHz quad core processor were lousy to high graphics.

11. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

The highest possible settings are only for testing and not definitely after they fine tuned the graphics.

12. Do some one of ypu guys know if SIMBIN have said anything about a "bug" in their graphic setup for this game?! I have a good computer were I can max out every game with full graphic but this game... It's slow and it kills my computer.. Needs to go with out shadows, light reflections and so on to have decent FPS?!? :O

It works fine when I drive alone on a track but under the race it lags. It must be something about this game?!

Have you guys the same problem? Is it a known problem with SIMBIN?

13. Same problem, I wish upcoming update fixes that

14. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

Wat specs do you have?
    I use these settings

15. I use almost the same as you but the game must have a great graphic bug right?!

16. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

I don't have ''a great graphic bug''.

17. Okey Peter, so you can max out your graphic in this sim? and the same for other sims?

It most be a problem with just this sim if I can max out the graphic on other new and older games/sims with a much better graphic then DTM but I cant come near that preformance with DTM? Strange right?

18. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

I can max out in all older Sims but not in new ones(R3E, rF2, AC, pCars.....) and these new ones are all in alpha/beta state.
    Should be fixed at some point.

19. Okey, there we have the answer. Alpha/Beta versions. I tought that the R3E was a finish product.

20. DTM-E 2014 is final version