1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Setup options as tooltips

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Bram, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

A lot of people had difficulties (and still have) making their own setups for GTR2 as their knowledge of making setups is too limited.

A small suggestion I would like to make is that setup options are described in game with tooltips.

If you hover over a certain setting it would be nice read what every option does and what the effect is of changing them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Good idea, and I wouldn't mind if there were detailed tooltips, too. And I would like to have the opportunity to share setups an ingame, kind of like in rFactor. It's a pain in Race07 when you have to upload the setup to the public in-game, it's much better to share them personally in-game when you're in the process of testing different setups and compare with team mates.

3. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel
    Kylotonn Games

To really make people understand what they do and what they do in combination with each other the tool tip has to be rather large though. But it is one of the hardest things to communicate/explain to the gamers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am sure you guys are creative enough to find a solution for that :) When you hover over, lets say, camber a small youtube video pops up with an animation that shows the gamer what camber settings actually do.

5. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel
    Kylotonn Games

or when you hover a setup setting, thetool tip show your cell number so people can ring you up for explanation!! :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brilliant Idea - I really wish rFactor had this aswell. And Grand Prix 4 had a brief description of what everything does when you hover over the setup option - basically tooltips.

7. I can imagine that with a game with such deep physics it's not that easy
    but it would be helpfull
    thnx to rd i learned already a lot about setting up a car (at least i think i did)
    but it took lots of time browsing...