Setting up wheel and pedals with limited space (question)

Ever since I bought Assetto Corsa I wanted to create a proper setup to enjoy this game the way it was meant to. I've been playing arcade racing games with both keyboard and gamepad for years, but AC is clearly a better game and it deserves to be well played. However, both my budget and the physical space in my room are pretty tight.

3PdRsie.jpg

This is my PC on the spoiler above. Both keyboard and mouse are below the monitor and tower, respectively. Its main purpose is gaming, but I also use it for other stuff like art, studies, etc. I need it to be as "multipropose" as possible. I've seen PC's with sim setups, and they usually seem to be entirely focused for that purpose, with the keyboard behind the steering wheel. My biggest question is if I can safely place a decent steering wheel in that small bit of space in front of the monitor. Dunno if the steering wheels have some sort of hooks that can make them sit in place safely. And my other question about it, is if I can mount and dismount the wheel constantly. I don't play AC all the time, and sometimes I take breaks from it. When I don't play the game, I need that space in front of the monitor for other stuff like drawing and studies.

And the pedals, well, that white board where all these boxes rest is partially broken. You can see the broken part at the left corner of that blue ASUS box. There's a big box below the panel that helps it stand in place. With the measurements of a Logitech set of pedals in hand, I found out they actually fit in there, but I would need to remove the white panel and all the boxes to safely place it on the ground. I don't think this panel is actually an important structural part of the whole furniture, as I said it has been partially broken for years and I never took care of it properly. I don't think its removal would affect the integrity of the structure significantly. My mother disagrees -well, to be fair she's completely hesitant to the idea of me buying a sim set, mainly because of how expensive they are here- but I would like to hear an expert opinion.

I've been told that a sim set requires plenty of USB ports. That is not a problem, I have plenty of free ports in the back. Behind the mobile panel that contains the keyboard there's a hole in the rear panel that let the cables pass through. I guess the pieces of the set have long enough cables for most situations, right?

Anyway, that's it. If you managed to build a decent setup with little space I would like to hear your experience with it, and most importantly, if it was worth it. A full Logitech set is tremendously expensive for our standards, so I need to hear opinions before taking the risk.

There are a few possibilities but I hated the shaking monitor etc when I went over kerbs with my logitech G27.
So I have a wheelstand pro now and just sit behind my normal setup. Works fine, but you need the space for the pedals!

The wheel would be difficult to clamp because you have the second layer with keyboard and mouse below the main desk. I wouldn't recommend that!

Then there are a lot of possibilities to build something on your own but that's a topic for other, experienced drivers here! :)

If you have the money and the possibility
I would highly recommend a playseat challenge! Maybe you could find a used, already mounted one with a logitech wheel? :)
If I won't have my wheel stand pro, I would totally go for this playseat...! Sadly I saw that too late.

Upvote 0
Those Playseat chairs look tempting, you can fold and store them when not needed. I've been searching, and apparently there's a guy in my city who imports them, and he even lets you visit him and you can try the product before buying, which is invaluable for me. But if I buy it along with the Logitech set, it would cost me double the money of the set alone. :(

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing