1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Setting up the grid manually

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Eric. K, Apr 7, 2009.

1. I was just wondering if there is a tool which allows you to set the grid manually instead of running qualifiers. I know there are tools for that in rFactor, but is there anything similar in evo?

2. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'm not aware of any, but I have seen other Leagues describe doing it manually by getting everyone to do "manipulated" Qualy times.

My recommendation (if I guess why you want it) would be to do a manual parade lap, where everyone gets into the agreed order, then continue into a rolling start. Achieves the desired starting order and solves the turn 1 massacres.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

You need to buy RaceRoom for that :embarrassed:

4. Where? How? How much?

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

6. Cant u buy the software alone? I dont see a price anyway.

7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

nor i which makes me think its probably expensive xhizzle.

8. Bram

Bram

Its the event software based on RACE 07 that we ran last year at the V-WTCC. It has some very cool features that we unfortunately not have in RACE 07.

9. You are just a big tease!! :freaked-out:

10. Do those features include random power failures? :p

*Note - Joke may not make sense to anyone who was not at the V-WTCC at Brands last year.

11. What is the cost of this software?

In Polish league we set the grid manually as followed:

During the quali session people drive out the pits wrong way and receive DQ. So driver who starts from the last position drive out as a first one.

12. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Hehe, Good one. Or the annoying 10 yr olds ripping off shifters and things!

13. In the league I help run in GTR2 we generally rig the grid by all going out on track together, forming into grid order on the start and all doing a lap in that order. We call out our time as we cross the line and the guy behind goes slower. It requires everyone to be on TeamSpeak though, which is as good as mandatory in our league.

Another way is to connect in grid order but it requires everyone on TS also

Granted we have the server manager program for GTR2 which allows is to use the !swap command to do it that way too. The problem with that is that by the time you've swapped a whole grid around someone will get bored in the pits and end up Dq'd for pushing cars around in other garages. Or someone will get DC'd and have to rejoin.

It can be a bit of a pain and I'm thinking of proposing a few changes for next year that will make everyone qualify prior to the race as it's so much easier that way.

14. That is actually a good idea! Easy way to setup the grid as you like..

15. I think warrens idea of a manuel rolling start os a good idea. Used to do that in ferrari challnge. The last person would shout clear b4 last corner, in gtre could type clear then race started when P1 put his foot down. Mate for sum exciting racing plus love doing a manual rolling start.

16. why doesnt RD contact simbin and ask very nicely for a copy of the RaceRoom edition of Race 07 for their club/league racing?

17. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Maybe we should each chip in to get RaceRoom for RD?? I would pay something towards it for sure! :)

18. Bram

Bram

Its not compatible :)

19. How so?

<-- Confused

20. it probably requires a custom client... ie. standard game client cannot interface with a race room server....