F1 2011 Setting up the Gears/Gearing

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi All,

There is something i need to ask you guys, it's about setting up the gears.
I do know how to set up the highest gear (7th), Set up your car with the lowest winglevels (1/1), use all of KERS, and
DRS on the longest straight on the cirquit, and do this with the lowest fuel load (3laps).

My problem is how to setup the first gear, it has to be set up for the slowest corner on track, but then i can't select the according speed for that corner. For example; the hairpin at Monaco, according to the track guide, the speed in that corner is 63kph or 39mph and has to be taken in 2nd gear, but you can't select that speed, even in second gear.

As you can see, i'm really struggeling with this, and i would like to get some help on this matter, because the phrase
"set first gear for the slowest corner on the track" is very confusing to me.
Your help would be much appreciated.

Greetz, Guido Heuts.

If you use 1st gear you need to set it to have the best acceleration without wheelspin while you exit from the slowest corner. It's not commited with speed and especially with real life speeds ;) If you set it too low you'll have to be very good with the throttle. If you set it too high you'll have understeer and slow acceleration. Just set it how you feel it. I personally don't use 1st gear at 90% of the tracks.

I do know how to set up the highest gear (7th), Set up your car with the lowest winglevels (1/1), use all of KERS, and
DRS on the longest straight on the cirquit, and do this with the lowest fuel load (3laps).

If you are talking about TT, go ahead. If you are setting up 7th for a race by doing that, you should be aware that you are setting that gear for a situation that covers probably 5% (or less) of the race (low fuel, all KERS saved and DRS available? How often does that happen?). You are basically wasting your 7th gear for the greater part of the race, maybe the full race!

Apart from the 1/1 wings, which IMHO is simply wrong, why would you set it on those conditions? (unless you actually drive with that, respect).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.9%