1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Setting the AI to the right level

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Billy Pilgrim, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Hi
    Is there any easy way to know at what strength to set the ai so that you get challenging, competitive races that match your level?

How do you know at what level to set the ai? Is it just trial and error?

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I would say start at the default (85), and tweak up or down from there. So yes, it's trial and error.

You get all the trials, and they make most of the errors ;) :p <<< A joke with serious undertones. The AI aggression makes me very angry, which a shame because I really like other aspects of this game.

3. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

I found AI levels depend on the series you are running as well just to confuse things further. It's a fine line between winning easily and coming nowhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Of course another big factor is how well you know the track yourself, and how consistently you can maintain lap times.

I always love it when you get into one of those 'metronomic' zones when driving, a certain frame of mind and lap consistency.

It's usually buggered up by someone handing you a cup of tea ;) :D

Happy >>>>> Tea >>>>> Crash >>>> Bang >>>> Wallop!

• Haha Haha x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

This is so right lol.And then you just smile and say thanks babe.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. . . . and the ladies find humor in all of it! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

My mom still thinks I'm shooting people in videogames. On a 300€ wheel that totally looks like an AK 47 Apparently. And de_nordschleife2 would be my favourite map for 4v4.

So it's totally okay to speak to me with my headphones on which are aswell purposely made to enhance my outside hearing and for ease of person to person conversation.
    So nice when you spend 3 hours practicing and racing and she just has to come in the last inutes to fk things up.

But no worries, I'm starting to drink.

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Drink is always the answer!

...... what was the question? :cautious:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

I digress.

For my brief time in Career mode for karts, I put AI to the max because why not. Outpaced them with no problems. Restarted the career with Clio but haven't raced yet since MP is way more fun.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The AI are different at each track and class of vehicle. I generally setup a quick race with practice for 15-20 minutes. Find out what the fastest times are and tweak the AI level so I have the challenge I am looking for. However, one has to let the practice run in real time, else the AI get unrealistic times.

11. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium Member

I "dynamically" set my AI based on how I perform. If I win, its "manditory" that I raise the AI a click. If I finish out of the top 10, I tune it down. Anything in between the AI goes unchanged. There is enough variability in the AI from session to session that you don't need to win every race to be in contention for a title. A good fight for 5th that keeps you in the points lead is 10x more fun to me than winning every race by 5 secs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

Is there a way on the XB1 to fine tune the AI? I notice on PC it can be any number between 0 and 100, but on XB1 it only goes up in 10's (50, 60, 70, 80 etc)

13. You need to use a mouse to get 1% increments. The pad/wheel buttons only go in 10% increments

14. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

So there is no way to do it by 1% on a console?

Damn, that sucks...

15. I dont have a X1 but you could try plugging a USB mouse in?

• Like Like x 2
  16. JamesU

JamesU
    Premium Member

I'm sure it'll be sorted with an update at some point.

For me to plug a mouse in it'd mean unplugging my wheel and messing about...

17. Certainly looks like a oversight by SMS.