1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Setting issue or is the FFB not as good as in other titles?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Apatride, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Hi guys,

I used to play a lot of AC and consider it my favourite sim but after spending time on Dirt Rally, R3E and iRacing, I have to say that I don't feel like spending time on AC anymore. My G27 FFB on AC feels inefficient. Sure it tells me if I hit a kerb and kind of becomes lighter once I have started to spin out but while I can feel when I am about to spin out in R3E and sometimes catch it before things go bad, I find myself relying mostly on the tyres noise in AC due to the lack of efficient FFB with my current settings.
    So for those who played all these sims, were you able to get the same amount of information from FFB in AC as in the other titles? If yes, what was your approach?

2. I mainly play AC and ever since I opened up my g27 and fixed some stuff it feels better than before (felt a bit odd before now it's perfect). If I do have to mention other titles I will just say this. No other title gives me as good of a feeling for the weight of the car as AC does while everything else is good too, sure there are things to sort out but I tried Raceroom, rf2 and iracing and I must say that I don't like the FFB in any of those. Raceroom feels very "digital" and un-natural, iracing feels like you're driving around on tyres with infinite grip until you get out of the unlimited grip zone after which the car tries to kill you (if you don't calm it down it goes full tank-slap mode on you) and rf2 feels exactly like rf1 felt when I was using mouse steering, a box with no weight and the only thing you get through the wheel is some occasional bumps and some weird tyre feeling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Interesting feedback, have you tried R3E after the FFB patch? I actually struggle a lot to recover when the car starts losing grip in AC and I usually can't see it coming, on that one, R3E or Dirt seem to work much better for me and unless I went utterly crazy, I can usually feel the car is about to lose grip and sometimes even recover when it happens. I wonder if the "digital" feel you mention isn't actually what I like, it does not feel unrealistic to me but it seems to compensate for the fact that I can't use my ass to feel the g forces. It does confirm a strong difference though, which means I might not be able to get the feeling I like in AC.

4. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one.

I feel like we lost something couple of updates back and AC is not the same anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Please try these settings http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...h-g25-g27-settings.77244/page-17#post-2207415

6. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

If you came to AC from AMS, R3E of rF2 ffb might seem less alive and less informative... But usually after hotlapping for a while I get used to it and it feels fine

7. BhZ

BhZ

I have the same feeling with the t500rs. As Marian said, seems like the loss of control is impossible to feel until the car is gone. I miss the old feedback honestly. I didnt find a satisfying setting for the wheel. I hope that the next update will fix/change it cause for the moment i can't enjoy playing AC.

8. I have found that on specific combos, the feedback in AC has overall improved since a long time ago. When only running the dynamic force, leaving curb/road/slip to 0%, it can give good info on the car, but it still lacks the plethora of information given through rF2's force feedback. That makes it easier to drive rF2 as there is a better feel for what is happening with the car and tires on a wider range of circumstances. But I can say, as a longtime critic, that I can rate AC above SCE/AMS. I don't play R3E much but there was a difference in how their force feedback was interpreted, but it is superior to SCE/AMS.

ps: Fanatec Porsche GT3 v2 here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Slide warning and control feels pretty numb to me through the FFB in AC compared to AMS and rF2. I find myself basically doing pattern recognition to control slides along with watching the screen. FFB gives very little info and grip feels very brittle over the edge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SakL

SakL
    Black flagged in a club race! Premium Member

Use some slip effect, like 15-20%. Works wonders.

11. Yea that's what I'm using currently. Bit better but nothing spectacular sadly. I feel like the FFB was more communicative a few versions ago, at least for POS wheel users like me.