• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Setting .gmt filenames: an interesting experiment

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by R Soul, Mar 2, 2011.

1. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +191
    You might have noticed that objects end up with filenames of the form obj_23.gmt, except for cones with are all called cone#.gmt.

If you've ever looked at XPacker you'll see that a moveable object has a drop down menu where you can select whether it's a cone or a sign (signs fall down whereas cones stay upright), so it's safe to assume you can end up with cone#.gmt or sign#.gmt.

This is where my experiment began. I imported an object into XPacker, and selected Moveable. Rather than selecting Cone or Sign from the menu, I typed in Building, saved the object and zipped the XPack to BTB.

I put the object on my track and exported to rfactor. The object was called building53.gmt (my obj_#.gmt files went up to obj_52).

Collisions might be a little difficult to sort out if the object is actually a building. Perhaps a complex object would be the way to go.

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola

Ratings:
    +6
    So those options located in 'Purpose' drop down are for defining the name of the object/file, and not defining functions? I have always wondered about that Purpose thing...

Oh sorry I completely misunderstood :D But now I need explanation for 'Purpose'.

Nice find BTW!