Setting .gmt filenames: an interesting experiment

You might have noticed that objects end up with filenames of the form obj_23.gmt, except for cones with are all called cone#.gmt.

If you've ever looked at XPacker you'll see that a moveable object has a drop down menu where you can select whether it's a cone or a sign (signs fall down whereas cones stay upright), so it's safe to assume you can end up with cone#.gmt or sign#.gmt.

This is where my experiment began. I imported an object into XPacker, and selected Moveable. Rather than selecting Cone or Sign from the menu, I typed in Building, saved the object and zipped the XPack to BTB.

I put the object on my track and exported to rfactor. The object was called building53.gmt (my obj_#.gmt files went up to obj_52).

Collisions might be a little difficult to sort out if the object is actually a building. Perhaps a complex object would be the way to go.

So those options located in 'Purpose' drop down are for defining the name of the object/file, and not defining functions? I have always wondered about that Purpose thing...

Oh sorry I completely misunderstood :D But now I need explanation for 'Purpose'.

Nice find BTW!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years