1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Set up please

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by jimortality, Apr 24, 2016.

1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

For the GT3 Nissan Hockenheim gp track. Coming out of corners it starts to lose the front end a little. Plus I could do with a bit more acceleration coming out of corners cheers and some advice on gearing and braking for turn 1.

2. Phil Davies

Phil Davies
    Fix it till it's broke,Then fix it some more. Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Thanks Phil, will have a look

• Love Love x 1
  4. Phil Davies

Phil Davies

No problem Jim :thumbsup:,Like I said Hope it helps,Don't forget to give a shout for help over TS if you need it buddy,As you know there are plenty of people in the club that will be more than happy to share what knowledge they have with you.
    Also,don't go leaving the RRE club because of last nights race,You are a valued member of the banter club,I know how you feel,it's happened to me a bit too often recently,and it's normally not a regular club member that takes me out,I normally exit the server and teamspeak in silence,It tends to send out a strong message I'm not happy and they generally don't return ;):D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I concur with Phil Jim. Get yourself signed up for the Tuesday race at Slovakia race. Hopefully it will be clean and every one will race to the rules.
    Yes I too have been on the receiving end of some of the non regular club members and I have told them about it afterwards. So far I think I am the only one who has actually submitted a race complaint too. The more we do that the cleaner the racing will be.
    As for setups, I have changed the Aquila to my liking and it feels good. Talk to me on TS tomorrow and you can try it out. Try the Aquila at Slovakia Ring leaderboard challenge and see how you do.

I don't ever hardly change setups except for wing and fuel and maybe gearing now and again.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Cheers guys, I'll be on tonight. Submitted the incident and left it to the powers that be to deal with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Phil,
    Is there a kind of "bloatware" packaged in with this program?
    Everytime, I open it, it accesses my internet and opens my web browser
    Then, it won't open a 2nd time unless I re-install it.

8. Phil Davies

Phil Davies

No Idea buddy,It was a package put together by @Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan maybe he could be of help.
    Too be honest I only used it once so I'm afraid I'm not much help.I had it set to run as administrator,I just checked and it runs every time with this setting.
    I think it opens the browser to Race 2 Play as the program was created by them or a member of that community :unsure:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

like Phil says' , the program was created a while back by Race2Play and each time you start it will open a browser window with their site, nothing harmfull

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thanks guys. Got it working....
    1) "run as administrator".
    2) Delete all of the website files (4 or 5) in one of the folders, stops the internet access.

A program like this shouldn't need to run with administrator rights. I guess it needed those rights to take control of my web browser.

wow, it is a pretty good tool.
    It's interesting how my car grips & reacts better for faster laptimes based on my driving style.
    My car slides equally at both ends, with a slight lean towards oversteer.

This is something we need in a "race engineer" voice app to compliment the CrewChief app.
    The race engineer asks you questions and you just reply (push/oversteer/understeer/good...)
    Then it will suggest suspension changes.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

Awesome job @Azfalt Raser will do this right away and if you allow me will write also in the first post so others know.
    Yes, it's a very good tool, i have a few other things that i use but this is the main one.

• Love Love x 2
  12. No worries. let everyone know.

Sorry I am a bit pissy about programs wanting administrator access that really shouldn't need it.

The below screenshot is why ---- Downloaded some programs to install this custom desktop theme (transparent black glass look to it). After some trouble, I decided to make my own and downloaded more tools & examples to look at the code.

Long story short, I ended up with a boatload of malware and a "backdoor" trojan - with administrator access.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Phil Davies

Phil Davies

@Azfalt Raser No worries,Don't blame you :thumbsup:.It pays to be cautious in this day and age.I always do my best to virus and malware scan to be as sure as I can that anything I endorse or upload is clean and safe to use.But as you know you can never be too sure.