• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service with a smile :)

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Keith Peppiatt, May 31, 2009.

1. Keith Peppiatt

Keith Peppiatt

Ratings:
    +2
    Big thumbs up to the service from Bobs!

Been working on a track around our local loch here with the demo and it timed out this morning.

No questions asked (once cleared with the wife!) and purchase was placed. With in 1 1/2 hours of clicking pay I'm up and running again!

woo hoo! :dance2:

Here's a sneak preview of the circuit: Strathclyde Park

Comments greatly appreciated, even at this early stage.

Attached Files:

2. DDawg

DDawg

Ratings:
    +24
    I'd say you off to a great start ... I like the looks of that layout ... I have this thing with traks around lakes .... lol

3. Jon Sheldon

Jon Sheldon

Ratings:
    +1
    Very Nice. I'm with DDawg tracks with water are sweeeeeeeeeeet.

4. Fatboymart

Fatboymart

Ratings:
    +0
    How would you fill that lake with realistic water? What I mean is - the textures I have used in the past all show the fact that its the same pattern multiplied across the lake area, rather than a lake of water, it looks like a re occurring pattern.

I hope this makes sense?

BTW DDawg love the moving water features in your latest beta. The water falls add a lifelike feel to a static track.

5. Keith Peppiatt

Keith Peppiatt

Ratings:
    +2
    the realistic water part.... that'll be a challenge especially when reading thru the forums here. To start off with it will be a flat texture.

step 2 - read up on animations :D

6. Sam Moss

Sam Moss

Ratings:
    +3
    There was a post on RSC, that made realistic looking water with an rFactor plugin. It was made by the person who does the Hydroplane mod, but as RSC is down i guess it'll be hard to get to.

7. DDawg

DDawg

Ratings:
    +24
    Use a Cube-Map ... look at my last track ... you will see what I am referring too noticable especially on the river ...