1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Service with a smile :)

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Keith Peppiatt, May 31, 2009.

1. Big thumbs up to the service from Bobs!

Been working on a track around our local loch here with the demo and it timed out this morning.

No questions asked (once cleared with the wife!) and purchase was placed. With in 1 1/2 hours of clicking pay I'm up and running again!

woo hoo! :dance2:

Here's a sneak preview of the circuit: Strathclyde Park

Comments greatly appreciated, even at this early stage.

Attached Files:

2. I'd say you off to a great start ... I like the looks of that layout ... I have this thing with traks around lakes .... lol

3. Very Nice. I'm with DDawg tracks with water are sweeeeeeeeeeet.

4. How would you fill that lake with realistic water? What I mean is - the textures I have used in the past all show the fact that its the same pattern multiplied across the lake area, rather than a lake of water, it looks like a re occurring pattern.

I hope this makes sense?

BTW DDawg love the moving water features in your latest beta. The water falls add a lifelike feel to a static track.

5. the realistic water part.... that'll be a challenge especially when reading thru the forums here. To start off with it will be a flat texture.

step 2 - read up on animations :D

6. There was a post on RSC, that made realistic looking water with an rFactor plugin. It was made by the person who does the Hydroplane mod, but as RSC is down i guess it'll be hard to get to.

7. Use a Cube-Map ... look at my last track ... you will see what I am referring too noticable especially on the river ...