SERVERS 0/1?

I made a mention of this somewhere else on the forum but...

Ever since upgrading to 1,3 I often get no servers showing up in the browser. SERVERS 0/1 it says.

Odd because I get the same thing on 1,2 now. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

I have to shut down Netkar and relaunch a bunch of times before I see any servers, even tried rebooting windows, sometimes it works sometimes not.

Weird...

Other games work fine, servers show up right away.

radiator champ (sorry for the spam)use a VPS for host his race and they doesnt have this kind of issue,when i read your description i thought that i had the same problems with the first nkp 1.3 relase (you know after the 1.3 they realse a patch with some fix).
what VPS OS do you use? 64bit?

p.s some days ago i write a pm to you in another forum i think...you are the developer of nkp log parser?

Server Connection Issues

Hi,

I have a problem when joining servers which appears to be related to track loading times in particular Mid-Ohio. I can get into server and get synchronisation but then Netkar hangs.

I tried a new install of Netkar but no difference.

Measured track load times(offline) and get following:
Mid-Ohio 1min 30s
Dijon 40sec
Prato and Crema 14s

Also tried Mid Ohio with Graphics settings set to low and still same load time. And then disabling everything that was running in the background still same load times.

So I am wondering if the simple truth is I am taking too long to enter server and server is timing out. Is there any server setting to allow clients longer to connect ??

Has anybody else experinced these long load times and found a fix ??

BTW I am using XP Pro, HD4870 with 2GB RAM and AMD 4200 X2 CPU.

Chrs, Pat

Thks for the reply.

No problems at all with joining server that has std tracks, which load quick i.e 14secs.

Tried last night on league server with Prato and some other drivers present and all fine.

Also managed to get in on the league server with Mid-ohio once no else was present. I tried earlier with 6 other drivers on server and had the usual lock-up. So assume the time to load the skins just pushs my time limit over with the server.

Patrini why not come join us on Racedepartment?:D

All you need to do is a painless little sign up HERE and wait a day or two for approval and you're in!
We have some fun close racing here every Wednesday night and everyone is helpful to newcomers.

Give it a thought, looking forward to seeing you in a club race!:doublethumb:

Cheers

Paul

Not sure why it's taking so long to load. Mid Ohio takes 10.4 secs for me. Make sure you don't have drive compression turned on, that could slow it down.

This link might help if you're running XP or Vista
[Mod - Link removed. The site is known to redirect users to phishing sites and spread malware.]

Another thing you could try is disabling any antivirus software prior to launching the game. A scan of each file as it's loaded could be slowing down the load times too.

If it rains allot, my connections suffers, and I get the same thing... My connection is DSL

It is connection, latency issue or it is internet weather...

In NKP if I go in and out of - "online race" The server list will populate.

Loging off windows shuts down all communication instances and programs, and does virtually the same things as rebooting.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back