• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Server Hosting

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by TrumpetReich, Nov 13, 2017.

1. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    I've hosted a server before at a different house. Now I've moved and am on a new network. I've opened up all the ports (which was a huge pain to do the first time) and I'm not getting any "server timed out" errors, it just isn't showing up. When I boot the server, it loads for me, and I can go on track and everything, but it isn't showing up in the server list in my friend's game. Has anyone dealt with this?

2. jose46

jose46

Ratings:
    +134
    I think it's because you do not have all the ports open. In the multiplayer.ini you have them all:

Query Port Start="34597" // range is 1025 - 65535
    Port Start="34697" // range is 1025 - 65535
    Authenticator Port="8766" // range is 1025 - 65535
    Master Server Updater Port="27016" // range is 1025 - 65535

Matchmaker TCP Port="40001" // TCP port to use when communicating with the Matchmaking Server
    Matchmaker UDP Port="40002" // UDP port to use when communicating with the Matchmaking Server

I do not understand well what each one is for, but if you open them all you will have no problem.

3. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Thanks, I got it working. Turns out I had all the right ports but had entered my ip in wrong by one number.

• Beer Beer x 1