Server capacity

Now that we often have full grids and full reserve lists, Do we have the server capacity to run separate A and B servers where drivers can be sorted by qualifying times?

An example would be This Thursday's German GT3 @Nurbs. We could sort by under 2:01 for the A list and over 2:01 for the B list.

Well, we do have the capacity, and we have run multiple servers when needed.
But....
Sorting people by ability rather goes against the whole idea behind Club races, not to mention that dividing up what is already a fairly small group will mean smaller grids for everyone.
I do see the point of racing against 'even' opponents, but the thing is all you need for a race is someone behind you, and someone in front. Doesn't really matter what position your racing for.
I've been at RD for more years than I care to remember, and I can count the number of top 5s I've had on one hand.
Doesn't mean there haven't been plenty of fun races though.

I wasn't really worried about winning on either server, as I typically run around 19th in a full server. I just know others can be competitive. Just observing that there is always a small group that run 3 seconds faster than the pack and thought it might clean things up for them.

No worries though. I can go back to public servers on holiday weeks. It was just a passing thought.

Last edited:
Lars said it perfectly. We will never be dividing people into ability level in club racing because that simply isn't what the clubs are all about. They're about relaxed, friendly fun for everybody, regardless of pace. There will always be fast and slow drivers even in real life races, and dealing with each other is part of race craft. If people are patient and considerate then it's not a problem. Learning is another function of the clubs, and it's good for us "slow" guys to be able to watch and follow the faster guys to help us improve.

It's important for me not to try and "create" the racing. Real racing series have tried that and it's ruined them. I'd much rather put everybody on a track and let the racing create itself. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back