F1 2011 Seriously... Keeping the real fans waiting

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant understand this at all, Why the hell do Europeans have to wait 3 extra days ALL the time with games?

Seriously, im so mad at americans on my list sending me removed 2011 invites, Why the hell should they get it 3 days earlier when F1 is a EUROPEAN sport, an the removed game was developed in ENGLAND. removed

If something like NBA 2k12 came out in England before America by 3 days, there would be a riot somewhere, im sick of the US getting preferencial treatment all the time.

The only logic i have for this is either:

The publisher is american and knows nothing about F1 so they release it to a country that have garbage racing.

or

They release it to Americans/Canadians 3 days early because they all suck and they need as much help as they can get, Which is actually true too.

Whichever it is, im sick of it.

How dare you. Im an American and I put F1 over everythign else...maybesometimes my woman if she doesnt agree with me. So screw you buddy. no need to rage over it.

no need to insult bro. just add me on GFWl and we can do a 1 vs 1 and let the driving do the talk :cool:

^^^^can we agree on that?

...Seriously, im so mad at americans ...

...They release it to Americans/Canadians 3 days early because they all suck and they need as much help as they can get, Which is actually true too...

It is certainly the way it came across I'm afraid to say... either way, blame them or not, you did insult them.

Lets just keep these thoughts in your head for now, it's not going to make your game arrive any quicker.

the whole we havent had a track in four years, niether has austria, bulgaria, czech republic, denmark, estonia, finland, france, greece, ireland, latvia, lithuania, luxembourg, netherlands, poland, portugal, romania, slovakia, slovenia, and sweden. but thats only 75% of the european countries, and you know, they have one on next seasons schedule.

"I get why movies are typically released on Fridays, but why is everything else--DVDs, CDs, books--released on Tuesday?
By: Jak, New York

A.B. Replies: We can safely assume that music people pioneered the Tuesday release schedule. Book people never pioneer anything anymore--unless you count delusion, in which case James Frey and Kate O'Beirne certainly deserve some credit.

According to the many media experts I snagged for this question, Tuesdays are the most promising days for home-entertainment industries to release, say, 13 shiny new tracks from Toby Keith. Tuesdays are also the easiest days for data crunchers to begin tracking weekly sales of said stuff.

"It's quite simple, actually," states Mark Berman, of the trade magazine MediaWeek. "Since Monday is the day after the weekend, consumers are not at their height of awareness. And because Friday is the day before the weekend, consumers are preoccupied with other things. That leaves Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Since Tuesday comes first, it leaves Wednesday and Thursday open to actually buy [and track sales of] the product. So, Tuesday it is!"

A detailed, day-by-day explanation of this theory:

Mondays: Employed consumers are way too busy to shop. Bunches of forwarded emails about sleeping newborn pandas and kitty cats who dance, dance, dance have amassed in their inboxes. And then there are all those meetings about expediting deliverables.

Wednesdays: Rock deejays are too busy hooting about "hump day" to promote new tunes, making the middle of the week useless for the music industry.

Thursdays: This day is way too hectic for the music business, making CD releases unthinkable. Crusty blues singers are busy shooting a man in Memphis. Country session musicians are suffering their usual truck breakdowns in the Valley and calling their club promoters asking for rides.

Fridays: This day belongs to the movie industry. Nobody out here messes with Weinstein.

A music manager put it to me this way: "As I learned it, there had to be one specific day to level the playing field in reporting sales clearly--all the more important since the advent of Nielsen SoundScan. Tuesday was an arbitrary day selected to get the records in the stores early in the week but still allow a window for late shipments due to the prior weekend.""

I got this from yahoo answers, but it seems to make sense. It has nothing to do with codemasters, they decided the first available date they could get, and they decided that months ago. also, it wouldn't make any sense to release the game in the US on the tuesday following the EU release because then global sales figures wouldn't be right, you'd have less 1st week sales because the US figures wouldn't be added in.

So it's all about sales figures and tracking how well it's doing. Release days are never about the fans. Unfortunately the only person to blame is Codies' EU distributor. and they really could care less about fans of F1, or anything else for that matter.

For those that can't wait until the 23rd you can order a cd-key from REMOVED

They delivered my key a few hours ago, tested it and worked fine, was also really cheap 25$. The only thing you need is to download a copy of the game from somewhere else and you are set to go.

Not sure if naming the website is allowed, if not feel free to delete my post, see you online! Also now in multiplayer if you lose races your rank can drop. :D

zumUa.jpg

Just read this. Nice post. Way to swear and stuff.
Being from Europe myself, I agree, the US having most games 3 days before us seems a little unfair. Games should be released globally right?

Trust me, the guys who make the games feel the same way.
The problem is the publishers. There are rules when it comes to releasing games. Don't seem right, but for now, that's the way it is.

It affects online rank, and the advantages that come with being higher ranked on all games.

Oh and Michael, dont ever tell me what to do, You are not the boss of me, you are nowhere near me on a real level, so dont ever tell me to apologise, Got it?

Hey. Be nice. I agree with him, your attitude is disgusting. The rest of us have to just deal with it, the EU has always been behind with these things.

And if you are worried about online rank, I think you need to take a break from gaming, for your health's sake.

Seriously, im so mad at americans on my list sending me removed 2011 invites, Why the hell should they get it 3 days earlier when F1 is a EUROPEAN sport, an the removed game was developed in ENGLAND. removed

European sport?
How do you figure?

Can you tell me which part of Europe Massa, Webber, Senna, Kobayashi, Perez, Chandhok, Karthikayan, Ricciardo, Barachello and Maldonaldo are from?

Which part of Europe are the Bahrain, Australian, Malaysian, Chinese, Canadian, Singapore, Japanese, Korean, Indian, Abu Dhabi and Brazilian races held?

Don't be a removed - family forum :eek:.

As a Scot living in Canada I feel your guys' pain. But guess what, I can't play the game until Friday either since I am out of town for work (hopefully that makes a few of you guys feel better :D). You don't see me making a thread about it though!

OP: Life is not fair, three days is not that long of a wait, the world is not coming to an end, F1 is a global sport and Americans don't suck for getting the game early.

F1 is not only from Europe, in 1st ever F1 season (1950) Indianapolis 500 was part of F1 Championships. Nowadays we've got alot of Asian and American races there (but in fact, new asian tracks, like Bahrain or Abu Dhabi are really boring. I hope brand new track in USA will give us fantastic races). The most fans are from Europe, but I can't understand why some ppl are attacking Americans. That was about publisher decision.

Wow, wildfireV2 you seriously need to chillax... go smoke summat you shouldnt until your game arrives...

more importantly behave yourself here, ok I'm not the boss of you now, but I dont care, carry on like that & I'm sure a mod will be happy to remove you.

Seems even CM dont want you if you carry on like that, & I virtually never go to the CM forums any more cuz it seems to be full of obnoxious little wotsits with no self control or respect for others.

I ordered mine from shopto, yesterday I got an email saying "order complete" today I got an email saying "despatched". If it aint here tomorrow I'm going to have a major spazzattack, send it back for a refund, get on a bus to Birmigham & burn down CMs building break into Downing street & hit that red button having 1st made sure the nukes are aimed at America...

OK maybe not, damn I hate waiting.

But dude you really need to chill before you go pop
emoticon-0121-angry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back