Sergio Perez

It is a big shame :( I hope he finds a seat, some people say Force India maybe, I remember that at the start of the year McLaren said they had signed a muti-year contract, well it seems not, it's crazy that both Gutierrez and Pérez could be out of F1 for next season along with Pastor Maldonado.

Not really. Or, Gutierrez does somewhat surprise me. He haven't come with a big bag of money, and actually done quite well. He is also one of the few drivers I've ever seen, that have claimed that he might not be completely ready for F1 at the start of the season due to the low amount of testing.

Maldonado might loose the backing, and Perez might just be unlucky.

Perez to Lotus?

Or out of F1 completely?

I think Lotus is all but unknown, that Maldonado will take the seat alongside Grosjean, but maybe we need to await a bit

This or that way it turned out 2014 to be big driver's changing, for every team, except Mercedes i suppose

It feels like Perez was overrated by far, especially in 2013. Good that McLaren pulled the plug although it's sad to see another young driver struggling to find a seat for next season.

Just read, Maldonado visited Sauber, i was wrong thinking the good financial support of Maldonado will make Lotus seat 100% open for him.

I forgot Sauber was in the same bag as Lotus

If Checo had given it a few more years, then stepped up to a big team then maybe, just maybe he could still have a seat.

His performances throughout 2013 have not been amazing, yes he had a dog of a car..... but he simply didn't deliver the goods - points.

But hold on, what about Jenson I hear you say..... well, neither has Jenson delivered much, but he have got the team more points failing only 5 times to get in the top ten. Plus he is a GP winner, ex WDC.....so, really it is simple for McLaren to keep him (plus he is a yes man).

I am a fan of McLaren, I follow McLaren not the drivers. I want winning again, podiums....IMO Checo wasn't offering the team this. Think of a footballer...one or two good seasons, moved to a big team the fails....sell him on.

I do wish Checo all the best though.

a lot of people have been saying that Button has scored almost double the amount of points that Perez has. but if you look at the actual stats, Perez has not performed that badly compared to Button.

Button's average finishing position has been 9.35 compared to 10.59 for Perez. If you exclude the races in which the drivers were classified but did not actually finish (1 for Button, and 2 for Perez), Button's average finishing position is 8.88 compared to 9.60 for Perez. Button's average points per race is 3.53, compared to 2.06 for Perez.

So really Perez hasn't performed that badly at all this season, at least compared to Button. If you consider the fact that Button has 14 seasons in F1, 247 races, 15 wins, 49 podiums, and 1 world championship, compared to the 3 seasons in F1 and 56 races that Perez has only done, then Perez' performance this season against Button really doesn't look that bad at all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%