Sergio Perez

the 09 Ferrari was notoriously hard to drive that said, massa has the advantage of being able to do winter testing 2 seasons in a row so he has been able to work with the car as it develops, meaning there is no excuse as to why he scores half the points as alonso in the same car.

Ahhhhhhh,well i don't think he would be a good replacment for Massa. Since Ferrari took Alonso they really have reverted back to when Schumi was with them,you know,have a clear #01 driver and a #02 right behind to back them up should anything not got to plan.
I hated the way they ran the team back then but,when you look at the history books? It's all Ferrari! So it works for them.
I prefer to see two #01 drivers in a team,if they can survive in the team it can only push them on. Mclaren seem to be lucky with Button and Hamiltons relationship working just fine.Although i think i can see Jensons status within the team has gone his way recently.
Perez to replace Massa? No.

Can't believe I went through all the posts and Di Resta's name only come up once?! He's finished 6th, 7th, and 8th in four races picking up 18 points in that time and is showing he can still compete even in a Force India car. I can't find the interview anymore but someone from Toro Rosso said that he was the most promising young driver out there and said he wishes he was on his team. Give him two more years and I wouldn't doubt he'd be a serious consideration for Ferrari or even Mercedes since Shumi will most likely retire at the end of the next season.

I think Mercedes GP are already getting ready to print his name on their car for the 2013 season personally.

To the topic, I think Perez is as good a choice as any. They have a young driver's programme, so they may as well start using it and promote 'in house'. I'm not sure the argument about whether he's ready or not is a fair one. He'll get another year at Sauber to hone his skills before making the jump. However good Bianchi might end up becoming, experience counts for a fair deal, and Perez will trump all the other young Ferrari driver's in experience. Perez and many in his position will jump at the chance to drive for the Scuderia, obviously. So he's going to be a willing number 2 driver which is what the team will want really. As much as Massa probably hates it, he plays the number 2 role when he has to, and I don't see why Perez would be any different.

If Perez does make the switch, maybe we'll see Ferrari paying for Bianchi's seat at Sauber?
A bit like the Ricciardo/HRT scenario.

I'm sure Sauber wouldn't turn down a wad of cash waved in their direction.

If Perez does make the switch, maybe we'll see Ferrari paying for Bianchi's seat at Sauber?
A bit like the Ricciardo/HRT scenario.

I'm sure Sauber wouldn't turn down a wad of cash waved in their direction.

I'd be all for that, I am a massive Bianchi fan - I think we could see him in Ferrari in a few years time for sure!

Interesting piece on Autosport about a possible mid season move from Sergio to Ferrari
Sergio Perez says he would reject a mid-season switch to Ferrari, insisting that he will finish 2012 with his Sauber team.
Perez is a member of Ferrari's young driver programme and the Sauber driver has been linked with Felipe Massa's seat following the Brazilian's poor start to the campaign.
The Mexican, who made his grand prix debut with the Swiss squad last year, has enjoyed an impressive start to the season, fighting for victory with Fernando Alonso at the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Perez has made it clear that he would turn down an offer to move to Ferrari mid-season, but he insisted talk about his switch is just speculation.

This was an interesting interview with Perez and his goal to try and win the tittle in 2013.
Interview

I believe that he will definitely have the possibility to do so as he will be driving a Mclaren and I think they will be strong next year.

SP has big shoes to fill at McLaren ...i dont think he is ready..and i have a feeling it'll not work out for him next season.

Hulkenberg is a much more developed driver with same speed....rash decision by Macca imo

a mock-up of what Perez' helmet might look like for McLaren:
Sergio-Perez-McLaren-Helmet.jpg

I think he can, as long as he can adapt to the McLaren quickly enough. As it stands, Button has been in the team for a while now and I'm sure they're designing the new car more to his spec than they would've been for Lewis. Checo will need to learn quickly but I believe he can and could give Button som scary moments...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%