1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sergio Perez: ‘I’m ready for a top team’

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog

2. agreed, too early for Ferrari, I say nore more than 1 more season and then he can expect a move to the top tier level, but for that not only he needs impressive results now, but even better next year, wins could also help him more.

3. Things will get interesting if Hamilton really does bail for Mercedes but I still struggle to see that happening.

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Me too as that would mean that MSC retires.

5. I think the guy is actually ready to take on the Ferrari role. The pressure of being there would keep him in check. He is a special driver, and deserves a shot at a top team like Fezza.

6. Can't see it, as Bram said, it would mean a chain reaction all leading back to Michael and I legitimately think Michael can challenge for the driver's title if Mercedes deliver a good car, and I think he knows that.

7. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Tricky to say "you are wrong" to Ferrari boss without piss him off :D

8. Heard Schumi could be interested in joining Sauber to close where he started, that could free spot him then. But there's so much change going along with these, Hamilton to Mercedes - Perez to Ferrari - Schumacher to Sauber - Massa, Heidfeld and Kubica are ??? There's so much demand right now and we already have to many cars in the field where you won't look after P16 anyway. GP2 drivers are popping up like mushrooms but only 1 any 3 years or so proves to deserve a spot. Cuts in the LMPs don't help either to give anyone a proper seat.

9. Eric Jaeger

Eric Jaeger
    2012 GP2 Champion

Yeah you have to be very delicate with that situation, say something like "I respect his opinion". IMO I think he could handle a ride at Ferrari at this point in his career, at least he would do better than Massa. If Michael does decide to retire and Lewis stays were he is, maybe Perez to Merecedes

10. Great driver! I guess you're ready but are they?

11. It will be exciting to see what Perez can do at McLaren now!