1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Sequential shifter not working on some cars

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Brian C Hayes, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Hey Guys,

So I came across a issue recently a bunch of cars will not work with a Sequential shifter in manual mode, I change it to automatic gearbox and suddenly the shifter is working again .... any idea what is going on there ?

Cheers

2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

those cars need clutching in real life so no joy without clutch pedal on manual mode, try to turn on autoclutch...

3. They need clutching so turn on auto clutch? That doesnt make sense..

4. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

I assume he has no clutch pedal (if he had, he wouldn`t have this problem).. so that is the solution

5. I dont think so. I also cant use my stick shifter in some cars and I have pedals. Seems to be the newer ones that might have paddles IRL.

6. thanks for the replies .... yeah so I am running a G27 ...I have auto clutch on and no joy ... even pressing the clutch pedal ... no joy ..just tried the BMW M3 E30 ... no joy ...whilst the BMW Z3 ...no problem .... never had his issue before ... totally baffled

7. Make sure your assists are Pro, not gamer or racer. And load the G27+shifter preset. Don't do the wheel wizard configuration, just load the preset. I also have a G27 and works like intended.
    Make sure that separate shifter is selected, otherwise the clutch pedal won't work. And the boxes for inverted pedals need to be checked, but the g27 preset already does this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. if sequential isnt working the car doesnt use a sequential gearbox & you have "use h-pattern" checked in the controls options. either uncheck use h-pattern or...use it.

9. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium Member

Go to Controls then the "Shifters" tab, untick "Use Seperate Shifter". That will make all cars become Sequential.

10. Any way to use the H-shifter in cars that dont have it?

11. you can not use h shifter in can that use paddles and you can't use paddles in an h shifter car if you have an h shifter connected to your pc.

12. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium Member

You actually can, read my post above.

13. that is the same thing as unplugging your h pattern shifter.....whatever

14. Yeah thanks guys ... I have modded my H Shifter to act like a Handbrake... so using the H shifter is not an option .... thanks for the tips ... will try later .. this community is awesome

15. Oh no... oh no. I haven't tried myself, but I've seen on internet posts about people buying cheap flight analog sticks which can be used as handbrake. What a pity converting your manual stick for handbrake, when there isn't really any use for handbrake in the game, besides for some drifting. But in drifting generally you may also need a clutch and manual gears.

16. Actually I have the handbrake for Richard Burns Rally and Dirt Rally ..... got springs either side of the stick and it works like a sequential, and I use the paddles for the gear .... will get a thrustmaster gear shifter soon ...

I don't understand why they don't sell the wheels with Handbrakes ... its such a pivotal part of Rally Driving

17. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium Member

I'm using a G27 + TH8A shifter, and because I have the TH8A mapped I need it to be plugged in to make the G27 work, If I unplug the TH8A my G27 won't work unless I re-map everything.

18. Hey Sun ... Can you use the G27's shifter at the same time as the TH8A ... I am hoping to use the G27 shifter as my Handbrake and the TH8 as my stick

19. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium Member

Yes you can :) I'm actually doing that, my third gear on the G27 shifter is a handbrake.

20. Cool !! ... I got that spring mod on my shifter ... which returns it to neutral ... then I attached an extended shifter onto it ... works a treat

• Winner Winner x 1