Sequential and race 07

After having a read around im still not sure what to do on this subject so im hoping some of you can help.

I have a g27 and i may order a g25 gear stick for the Sequential option, im happy the g25 will work with the g27 wheel once wiring has been done.

But does Race07 support Sequential gears properly?

Ive read mixed reviews on this, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Andy

No, there is stupid autoblip and you can use clutch just for starts when you set autoclutch off. But sq works fine in formula ford and v8 supercars mods where you blip throttle manualy. Autoblip is more noticable in some cars, in some cars less noticable. But it isn't ideal.

No, there is stupid autoblip and you can use clutch just for starts when you set autoclutch off. But sq works fine in formula ford and v8 supercars mods where you blip throttle manualy. Autoblip is more noticable in some cars, in some cars less noticable. But it isn't ideal.

I see thanks for your reply Marian doesnt sound great, i take it the manual auto blip would be a quick rev inbetween gears?

Instead of buying a whole G25 HBox, why not try this:

Sequential Shifting on a G27

At most it'll cost your 50p or so and it works perfectly. :) (autoblip aside)

Cracking idea mate had seen some mod where a guy strips it which looks like way to much work for its effectiveness, who would of thought tho a few rubber bands! :)

Dont suppose you know what program he was using do u?

Also is it easy to set race 07 up woking with the g27 as a sequencial?

Cheers guys

Andy

i take it the manual auto blip would be a quick rev inbetween gears?

Yes. But still it isn't as rewarding as it should be. There isn't any gearbox model in race07. But you at least get use to it, the timing. I had so much fun with Formula Ford yesterday. It would be so boring with paddle shifters. I was as fast as with paddle shifters.

I use my seq lever also for H patterned manual cars when I'm in the mood. The last time I tried Mini, I was also as fast as with paddle shifters. But Im still learning. I use it because my fanatec H shifter gets stuck in some gears. And I use clutch for upshifts and heel&toe for downshifts as with H gearbox.

It is so boring to drive every car with paddle shifters. And I can't imagine driving retro cars with paddles. Hope that new sims will be better in this gearbox model. When I tried iRacing, it was better and I damaged some engines too. :D

Dont suppose you know what program he was using do u?
That's not a special prog showing on his screen, it's just the controller setup screen in iRacing. :)

Also is it easy to set race 07 up woking with the g27 as a sequencial?
Yep, it's very easy. After fitting the rubber bands, all you have to do is assign 'Shift Up' and 'Shift Down' to up/down on the gear stick. (the 3rd and 4th positions) Job done!

Thanks to you both, i will be racing according to what gear set up the car has, though it doesnt sound good for sequencial, rubber bands is a must try at least.

Unfortunately before this g27 i had to race with paddles on all cars :/ much better now :)

Oh iracing i see, never noticed the options too in race before thanks for again for the help and advice ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back