Sepang Coming "Soon" to RaceRoom Racing Experience?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Malaysian Grand Prix coming to RaceRoom.jpg

RaceRoom have revealed the first images from the soon to be released Sepang Circuit in Malaysia, with Mercedes Formula One driver Valtteri Bottas behind the wheel!

Hot on the heels of the recently released Imola track, Sepang will be the most recent addition of a modern Grand Prix venue to join the simulation when it releases in the near future, joining up with the likes of Spa, Red Bull Ring, Hockenheim, Hungaroring, Silverstone, Monza, Shanghai and Suzuka from the current Formula One calendar.

Debuting at the Malaysian Grand Prix as part of a promotional event with Petronas Motorsports, the new track has been tagged by RaceRoom with the hashtag "soon", however nothing solid is yet known as to when exactly soon will be.

To help get you excited about the latest ribbon of tarmac coming to R3E, check out the video of Bottas behind the wheel below:

Built in record time specifically for the Petronas event in Malaysia, the new track once again makes use of the strong collaborative ties with Formula One track designer Herman Tilke, following on from the impressive Chang International Circuit that bore the first fruits of the collaboration back in 2016.

The new circuit will mark a welcome return to current Grand Prix spec venues in RaceRoom following the recent release of both Imola and several beautiful circuits from Scandinavia, and with the real world circuit soon to sever ties with Formula One since beginning a long association with the sport since 1999, where the current configuration of circuit debuted on the Formula One calendar, won by Ferrari and Irishman Eddie Irvine, it will be great to see the track represented in all of its glory by the RaceRoom track design team.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment over the coming weeks as we look to find out more about this new addition to the simulation.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation available as a free to play base software with additional paid content available through the RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom Sepang Soon.jpg

Take your RaceRoom Racing Experience online with RaceDepartment. Check out our Club and League Racing sub forum for a great place to sample a popular and wide cross-section of cars and tracks from Sector3 Studios current racing simulation. As well as organised Club and League events, we also host a number of mods and car setups, plus a thriving sub forum dedicated to this racing title.

Happy to hear Sepang is set to join the simulation? Do you think the track will be a welcome addition to R3E? Any other tracks you would like to see added in the future? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

M-Bimmer

WhAt GoEs ArOuNd CoMeS ArOuNd
It was very obvious from the video that it is the Malaysian GP...and why not it won’t be on the F1 calender next season.
A lovely track to test your tyre strategy with the X-17 :geek:

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

...to be honest I start to be bored by R3E....especially physics...(even if it's pretty well done, and very "logic", it's way too easy, on braking especially... and do I have to talk about wrong wheel rotation angle ?! way too short)
but their tracks are really great, so it will be the occasion to compare with rf2 version...SIC is a great track, for me always enjoyable, even if it's a bit "plate"...could be a great addition in that underated game ;)
@++

...to be honest I start to be bored by R3E....especially physics...(even if it's pretty well done, and very "logic", it's way too easy, on braking especially... and do I have to talk about wrong wheel rotation angle ?! way too short)
but their tracks are really great, so it will be the occasion to compare with rf2 version...SIC is a great track, for me always enjoyable, even if it's a bit "plate"...could be a great addition in that underated game ;)
@++

What cars specifically? GT3 cars use 450° - 540° lock and DTM is locked to 450° in reality now.

My local track since moving to Malaysia nearly 4 years ago. Been going there for years for F1 and GT practices etc.
Very welcome track for me as easily one of my favourites on rF2. Plus I get to practice it on a different sim now with different cars as I may one day get to take a real race car round there.
All good in my book.

I do wish they would fix the pop up race data, that covers up your dash every time it pops up, that can be very annoying...move it to the side of the screen ..

New cars new tracks, they are all good eh and at a very reasonable price, of course I will buy it.

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

What cars specifically? GT3 cars use 450° - 540° lock and DTM is locked to 450° in reality now.
Last time trying wtcc2016, and Audi r18 ..and I was shocked by this too short wheel rotation...(maybe i'm mistaking, never run these cars IRL off course, but looking onboard camera, drivers seems to move the wheel much more than in-game...)
..and concerning braking, I understand that sector 3 is working on it..(in the Porsche video test by Paul Jeffrey, He's talking about it), so it's a good news :)
...but the topic is about SIC, and i'm happy with this news
@++

Last time trying wtcc2016, and Audi r18 ..and I was shocked by this too short wheel rotation...(maybe i'm mistaking, never run these cars IRL off course, but looking onboard camera, drivers seems to move the wheel much more than in-game...)

WTCC 2016 use 540 degrees of rotation in the game by default, which I believe is the same they use IRL. Maybe your wheel is not configured correctly? Or the game?

Nice to see another track in Raceroom, they always do a great job.

I think I'm right in saying some are laser scanned data and some aren't but the amount of care and attention that makes into going creating them is always a big plus for me.

Malaysia is a nice choice for multiclass as it's a wide and open track and helps with large grids of cars.

No racing title is perfect but Raceroom is my favourite at the moment.

Reactions: CC
Yes, a track I loved to race on and watch F1 races.
As a matter of fact - atm I'm in Bangkok and in three days I'm off to Kuala Lumpur to watch the last (for this time) F1 race on Sepang. Good to hear that we'll have it in RRE - only hoping that we could have it in AC and Automobilista as well.

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

WTCC 2016 use 540 degrees of rotation in the game by default, which I believe is the same they use IRL. Maybe your wheel is not configured correctly? Or the game?
yeah, have to verify that, you're right but..(ok, I know i'm totally off topic, sorry)
I'll take an example : if I compares iracing Porsche'cup and AC Porsche'cup, they both have same degrees of rotation (wich, off course is the same IRL), BUT I have to turn the wheel a bit more on iracing than in AC...Why ? probably cause the important fact is not how much angle of rotation is set on the car, but how the sim deals with it....how the ffb react to this angle ? ... (I hope you understand what I mean, despite my bad english)...
That's the point I was talking about here, for R3E : even if this angle is set correctly in-game, it don't seems to be "correct" on some cars...(off course that's only my opinion)
So, to finish with the news concerning SIC, it promises a great developpement for this title, great tracks, great cars coming (x-bow gt4 is the one I expect more), and it's (in my opinion again) the game with the better AI for now, so great to hear :)
@++

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%