F1 2017 Select team mate in career mode not working

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
I wonder if its linked to the same sort of problem Im having but with tyre weekend choice not sticking i.e. I wonder if its basically choices in general arent getting saved , at least in career mode anyway :unsure: By the way , I certainly don't mean to hijack your thread and I apologise in advance if it comes across like that . It just seems a very similar problem though ( ie choices not being saved and/or recognised ) .

Last edited:
I posted a similar thread on Codemasters Tech assistance forum and got no help there either . Does everyone just go with the default tyres and teammates then or is there something we ( us guys on this thread so far ) are doing wrong ?

I think everyone else uses the default tyres (including me) or doesn't look precisely if there's a different number of soft tyres ^^
And I also think everyone has lauched their career.. when it was possible to change team mates :(

Thanks for the response . I wanted to use the Harder tyre selection for the weekend and fuel it to the max considering Im going to be driving a Sauber so I can maybe have a pitstop advantage to make up for the crap car :laugh: So having say an extra set of softs compared to supersofts could make a big difference where thats concerned . Most of the You Tubers who are playing with mediocre cars ( Sauber , McLaren etc ) seem to be going for 1 stop races and that makes sense when your car doesnt have the pace to make up lost time on extra stops , but not being able to choose a larger selection of harder tyres is a bit of a hindrance to that strategy to say the least . I think the guy's above problem is linked to the same bug too ( ie player choice doesnt seem to be either being recognised or kept ) .

Well , theyve fixed your teammate troubles guys , but the tyre choice obviously WASNT connected to that as it's still bugged . I honestly can't believe that seemingly no one else on either here , Codemasters or Steam as noticed what I think is a huge bug concerning your set up for the race . Surely there must be some players out there who are playing as backmarker teams who want to do longer stints between pit stops and therefore want more of the harder tyres ? What's the point of a choice if there is no actual choice ?

Hmm , after a bit more in depth research on the internet it seems there is a bit of a workaround if you quit 1st practice after its just started and go to the main menu . Then go back in and while it's on the loading screen hit your options button and you get a menu where among the options you can choose your weekend tyres again . Thankfully the choice from this one sticks but it still doesnt explain the original choice not sticking and having to faff around exiting and reentering the game to sort it out .

I've never found an other way to choose tyres for a weekend than in the options menu while the track is loading. It would be easier to spot if there were a more prominent place for the tyre selection than in that loading menu.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back