1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sega Hacked too!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Omer Said, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

2. Yea in the same couple of weeks I got an e-mail from Sony then Codemasters and then the other day Sega :mad: I have already changed my passwords to very random codes for my Paypal and E-mail. (not that that will help if the database gets hacked but oh well).

3. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

My bet is that its the same hackers that hacked psn, codemasters and sega.

4. All info that Steam has on me is my name, address, and the fact that I like to purchase games via PayPal. You can find all that by simply googling, lol. And now with the Steam Guard in place, I have zero worries for my Steam account, or Steam in general.

PayPal is trickier, but that's a huge company dealing with money exclusively, so I would think they have their bases covered.

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Same here Senad. I'm also pretty sure that PayPal, if it were targeted, would deal with anything of this kind in much there same way a traditional bank would. not doing so would be too detrimental to their business.

No system can ever be 100% safe but that's life.

6. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Guys use Prepaid Credit cards when you buy online. I never use my actual card.

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

8. Well i use cradit cards for any online purchases and my card secures the payment. it means that if someone uses my card details without my consent its covered. In fact youll find its better cover than if you go into a shop and buy stuff.

As for paypal it has been hacked before but not in a massive amount its just individuals thats why you do not hear of it.

9. It's more than just gaming sites. The CIA, US Senate, NHS, UK Soca, Spanish Government, as well as others, have all been attacked in some form over the last couple of months.

In other news, a man has been arrested in the UK for being responsible for the Sony attacks at least: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13859868

10. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Well, what if many major services carry no prepaid card? :confused: