Resource icon

Misc See-through OSD For Cockpit-Cam Driving 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Turns out 'spectator box' is related to the Replay screen. OTOH, there's a d_multiplayer.pssg file with tons of ROOTNODEs in there, but contrary to the osd files, there's no corresponding b_multiplayer.pssg file where I could just remove any texture's 100% opacity (for transparency) easily, and just redirect that background 2D-plane's pointer to it (for now).

I'll keep you posted if I find a way to do it.

HNY 2014!

Last edited:
Very nice mod!

However after testing and downloading the one with visible break bias and fuel mix. I noticed that the walls in the garage is completely gone for me. Only tested this in Canada though. On track everything is perfect.

Anyone else have this problem?

it seems i've downloaded the wrong file. everything's working as it should now. Thank you for this wonderful mod!! :)

Thanks for taking the time to come back here and post this as a 'problem solved' reply, and Happy New Year 2014.

(I understand this kind of "work-in-progress" thread, with all the different downloading options can get confusing, and I apologize for the troubles, so I will try to upload a comprehensive update that will include all of them in an "easier to work with" compressed-folders structure soon, with installation instructions and original files backups).

Edited to add: A comprehensive update of different file versions found in this thread, either with or without visible Quick Menu items is almost ready and will be uploaded sometimes tomorrow (Thursday) night. is now available by clicking the Download Now button of this thread (now updated with a newer version 2.1).

Last edited:
Its pretty nice, less distracting although not fully test might be harder to read but will put into in practice next week as I like cleaner OSDs. The only thing I have a problem with though is no starting lights, at least for me its pretty important to know exactly when they go out nice and clear as I don't just smash the throttle as its not the best was to start.

Here is a quick video I made.

Its pretty nice, less distracting although not fully test might be harder to read but will put into in practice next week as I like cleaner OSDs. The only thing I have a problem with though is no starting lights, at least for me its pretty important to know exactly when they go out nice and clear as I don't just smash the throttle as its not the best was to start.

Here is a quick video I made.

Thanks for posting this, Mike. :thumbsup:

I will seek to include a version (in the sense of "adding" an option) with the starting lights back in (after the actual update I'm working on).

It might take me a little longer, though (not too much, just a day or two).

Watch this thread, and HNY 2014. :)

Last edited:
Salut Gilles updated See-through OSD For Cockpit-Cam Driving with a new update entry:

OSD Transparency Options (version 1.1)

(Edited: For the newer version with starting lights options, see the second post after this one.)

This mod is now offered in an easy to understand and use folder structure.The newly structured folders for this mod and its many options goes as follows:

After you download and unzip this mod, version 1.1, the resulting unzipped OSD_TRANSPARENCY_OPTIONS folder contains 3 folders (read the Readme file):

1 - BACKUP_FILES
2 - NO_STARTING_LIGHTS
3 - WITH_STARTING_LIGHTS (coming soon in version 2.0)

The 1 - BACKUP_FILES folder is obvious: It contains the game's original files within their...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Salut Gilles updated See-through OSD For Cockpit-Cam Driving with a new update entry:

OSD Transparency Options (version 2.0)

Always backup your files before installing mods (backup files provided within the zipped download).

This version 2.0 update includes many choices of displaying the starting lights, while still enjoying other transparency options.

The mod is offered in an easy to understand and use folder/sub-folders/sub-folders tree structure.

Key features:

- No starting lights (and no flying-lap starting lights either), or with starting lights (in version 2.0)
- No accompanying audio countdown for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Hi back again, Mike Partington,

Updated version 2.0 (now 2.1) with starting lights in a collection of selectable options is now available to download by clicking the Download Now button. Read the Readme(.txt) file in the unzipped download for instructions on how to install the options you like. Feedback welcome!

Last edited:
Hi back again, Mike Partington,

Updated version 2.0 (now 2.1) with starting lights in a collection of selectable options is now available to download by clicking the Download Now button. Read the Readme(.txt) file in the unzipped download for instructions on how to install the options you like. Feedback welcome!

Thanks its awesome, very well done. I gave it a test earlier today and everything seems fine.

One issue though is I don't seem to get the flashing white lights on my wheel anymore, like say when cutting a corner and you get a warning. I don't know if that has to do with this mod or not though.

... I don't know if that has to do with this mod or not though.

I don't know if it's this mod or not, but I could be. Perhaps by letting the flags and fastest laps be displayed with the original Osd/config.xml file restored, it would show these "warnings" back on the screen. Try it to see if that's where this problem comes from.

I always use the "realistic" Rules option, and all the "important" penalties result in my steering-wheel's white arrows flashing, and the PIT IN (for drive-through penalties) red LED letters displayed on the left and right LED displays. I admit never seeing these "corner-cutting" warnings yet. It's true that this mod is not perfect (only the game devs could really do that, but they obviously don't wanna... or simply just don't care enough).

Glad you like the rest of it, though. I spent hours on it! :)

Hello and thx for the mod!

How can i just get rid of the starting lights and the flags?

Do i have to just copy the frontend folder, for example like this?
\OSD_TRANSPARENCY_OPTIONS\OSD_TRANSPARENCY_OPTIONS\2 - NO_STARTING_LIGHTS\B - TRANSPARENT_QUICK_MENU_BKGND\1 - TRANSPARENT_SWIPE_BOX_BKGND\A - FULL_REVS\frontend\b_osd.pssg and d_osd.pssg

Hello and thx for the mod!

How can i just get rid of the starting lights and the flags?

Do i have to just copy the frontend folder, for example like this?
\OSD_TRANSPARENCY_OPTIONS\OSD_TRANSPARENCY_OPTIONS\2 - NO_STARTING_LIGHTS\B - TRANSPARENT_QUICK_MENU_BKGND\1 - TRANSPARENT_SWIPE_BOX_BKGND\A - FULL_REVS\frontend\b_osd.pssg and d_osd.pssg

Yes, the NO_STARTING_LIGHTS folder-tree branch contains two other folder-tree branches. One of these two branches is named TRANSPARENT_QUICK_MENU_BKGND (for BacKGrouND), and the other one is named INVISIBLE_QUICK_MENU (which means the entire on-track Quick Menu will not be visible at all upon activation).

In turn, both the Transparent Quick Menu Backgrounds and the Invisible Quick Menu folder-tree branches contain two folders each, allowing you to choose between having the "Swipe Box" (the big animated panel on the right that pops up on different occasions) either untouched, or having its own icons & text strings-backgrounds transparent (making it less annoying or distracting: who wants to have to deal with having more distractions when driving at 180+ mph unless they really want to??). ;)

So yes, once you choose which one of the FULL_REVS, or REDUCED_REVS versions you want to try, you select both the frontend & Osd folders inside either of these, and then just copy them to your f12013 folder.

Copying both of these two folders will do two things: it will give you what you selected through the folder-tree branch you just navigated to, and no more graphical flags & fastest laps displayed on the screen.

Now, let's say you'd rather want to see the graphical flags & fastest laps displayed, but use the transparent OSD options you just copied to your f12013 folder, all you'd have to do is either not copy the OSD folder to begin with, or just restore the OSD folder's original config.xml file.

Hope that makes sense. I tried to explain this in the Readme.txt file the best I could (English is not my natural language, so apologies if the difficult task of explaining how it works turns out not to be clear enough gramatically-speaking). :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years