Resource icon

Misc See-through OSD For Cockpit-Cam Driving 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I hope you'll like it, and that the Tyres menu won't be bothering too much! :(

Hi there,

Tried it, love it! Definitely a keeper and I'll be using it for my career. :inlove:

I really appreciate how it filters out information, so that I feel less discracted by different colors flashing left & right. You still can see if I selected the right brake biais or fuel mix. And if you want info, like if you're slow or fast in a lap, it's still there for you to see! So thanks a lot for an amazing job! :thumbsup:

Now I've been wondering if the info HUD could get the same treatment?

Info HUD.jpg

Can you make the background of that panel transparent too? I was thinking it would quite match the theme you've created here.

Hi there,

Tried it, love it! Definitely a keeper and I'll be using it for my career. :inlove:

I really appreciate how it filters out information, so that I feel less discracted by different colors flashing left & right. You still can see if I selected the right brake biais or fuel mix. And if you want info, like if you're slow or fast in a lap, it's still there for you to see! So thanks a lot for an amazing job! :thumbsup:

Can you make the background of that panel transparent too? I was thinking it would quite match the theme you've created here.

I will try to find these texture(s?) and post an update as a download from my MediaFire account as soon as possible.

I like the mod also, even if it's sometimes hard to see white characters & numbers over cloudy skies, for example, I don't need to know everything at all times when I drive, I thought maybe other RD members would like it too, so that's the only reason why I decided to share it here.

B back soon! ;)

I'm back, and unfortunately, I have failed to find them. It seems these textures are not present in the b_osd file. I've seen the icons, but I failed to find their backgrounds to make them transparent (with Paint.NET & Ryder's tool).

I also tried to comment out the Osd\config.xml telemetry interface loading code (in a similar way as the flags & fastest laps ones) and that did not work either. :thumbsdown:

View attachment 47217

FOUND THEM!! :)
EDITED: Newer versions without the 3 now useless white icons available down thread (keep scrolling).
#1= d_osd.pssg file with Quick-Menu Transparent Bkgds:
DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dy066wxkxgem6vp/d_osd.pssg
BACKUP Steam\steamapps\common\f12013\frontend\d_osd.pssg
COPY the new d_osd.pssg just downloaded to f12013\frontend folder
f1_2013_2013_12_28_13_45_45_048.png

f1_2013_2013_12_28_13_46_25_768.png

f1_2013_2013_12_28_13_46_53_798.png

#2 = d_osd.pssg file without any visible Quick-Menu items:
DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydfgf43j93gzz99/d_osd.pssg
BACKUP Steam\steamapps\common\f12013\frontend\d_osd.pssg
COPY the new d_osd.pssg just downloaded to f12013\frontend folder
f1_2013_2013_12_28_14_15_47_563.png

f1_2013_2013_12_28_14_15_50_133.png

f1_2013_2013_12_28_14_15_52_674.png

We Never Give Up! :cool:

Last edited:
You, sir, have made the best OSD mod I've ever seen! My helmet off to you! :thumbsup:

Thank you! There are other excellent mods and better modders than me on RD though! (IMHO) ;)

OTOH, those three icons above, they don't seem to be useful any more (not flashing or anything).

Maybe I could make them transparent also! :)

I'll see how I can do it later tonight or tomorrow (I have to go out shopping for some food). :laugh:

Agreed, there are a lot of other wonderful mods out there, in different categories! :)
But I've tried pretty much all interface mods since F1 2010 and yours is the 1st that finds the right balance between discretion and information!

So I stand by what I said earlier! :D

P.S.: Agree about the 3 now useless icons, I trust you'll do your best there again... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks again, BBFred! Here's the new b_osd file to copy into the f12013\frontend folder. Everybody backup your current b_osd.pssg file located into your f12013\frontend folder b4 copying this new one.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/65ba2tej3rjczjy/b_osd.pssg

This mod renders the 3 'now' useless icons (if you use the new d_osd.pssg file) on top of the telemetry & informations box (for a 'cleaner' and less distracting display), as seen in these new screenshots:
f1_2013_2013_12_28_19_54_27_503.png

f1_2013_2013_12_28_19_54_29_074.png

f1_2013_2013_12_28_19_54_31_290.png

f1_2013_2013_12_28_20_25_50_830.png

Enjoy your 'whole new game' if you want to use it! :geek:

Last edited:
many thanks for the answer fast. I understand that they have to take care of their family in this season, I can wait. I wish them and their family good luck for the Christmas season and in the new year.the file to the OSD is the b_osd.pssg. micha

Hi back again, micmiller,

I have made a new b_osd.pssg file for you which goes with the new d_osd.pssg file (see screenshots above) that together can render both the telemetry & race information panel backgrounds completely transparent.

This new b_osd file has this layout in it:
Unbenannt.png

1-BACKUP your current f12013\frontend b_osd.pssg and f12013\d_osd.pssg files
2-Download the new b_osd.pssg file at: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gkttpvp0rpkm26d/b_osd.pssg
3-Download one of the 2 new d_osd.pssg files from my reply to BBFred above this post.
4-Copy both new files in your f12013\frontend folder

Enjoy! :)
f1_2013_2013_12_28_21_40_15_399.png

Last edited:
Hi Salut Gilles,
I downloaded the new file but there is no change in the game.

227277f12013.jpg

Hi Sébastien Degraeve,

I'm sorry if this mod and its too many different options are understandably confusing. It would have been better for CM to give their customers a way to access these options by taking the time to ask them what they like to see and don't like to see.

Now, given the fact that they don't care, and that we have to wade our way through their files in order to do it ourselves, I would like to ask you If you could give me more details about what changes exactly are not in the game, or which specific changes you would like to have in the game. This way I could perhaps guide you to links to the proper files to download and how to copy them to their respective game folders.

For example, you want:

a) Transparent OSD layout, including the swipe box (Temperature, Warnings, Infos) transparency, visible Quick-Menu items with transparent backgrounds, and the three DRS, KERS, and FUEL icons as shown in your pic.

b) Transparent OSD layout, including the swipe box (Temperature, Warnings, Infos) transparency, invisible Quick-Menu items, and the three DRS, KERS, and FUEL icons as shown in your pic.

c) Other (please specify)

That example is good for every RD member who might encounter similar problems. Post your specific request here, and I'll try to satisfy it as soon as I can (contrary to CM), and for free. :)

Thanks!

I installed the complete package:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/see-through-osd-for-cockpit-cam-driving.1458/

Post 26,
Then,I downloaded "d_osd.pssg file with Quick-Menu Transparent Bkgds"
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dy066wxkxgem6vp/d_osd.pssg

Post 31,
Unbenannt.png

When I saw the screenshot you posted,I downloaded this file: "b_osd.pssg file"
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gkttpvp0rpkm26d/b_osd.pssg

Ok, and? Thanks for posting, but you still did not explain what does not work. (?!?)

I just did the exact same process you described (downloaded complete package, unzipped it, copied both frontend & Osd folders to f12013, then downloaded new d_osd.pssg and copied it to f12013\frontend, and at last, downloaded new b_osd.pssg and copied it to f12013\frontend).

Results:
f1_2013_2013_12_31_12_58_39_143.png

So, can you explain what exactly is not working in this? If you refuse to explain the problem, how am I supposed to help solving it? Are you doing this on purpose? Wasting my time for nothing? If so, l will report... (Edited: Solved below: sorry for the little misunderstanding.)

Last edited:
In fact,there are no problems with your files.For me,it's a great mod:thumbsup:.
I just wanted to say that I don't have the word "-KERS+" as shown in the screenshot..

Ok, now I that I know what's wrong, I will try to fix it and provide a new link if you ask me to (and if I can fix it). (-KERS+ is present in the German version, not the English version = it cannot be fixed)

Sorry for the seemingly 'rude' post above. I was wondering if it was the 'camera' mod, which is not included in this mod, as it's not mine, but could be found at the DOWNLOADS page with a 'search' at:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/categories/f1-2013-cameras.74/
found this mod in 2 seconds:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/full-hud-cockpit-cam.871/

Last edited:
This is pretty awesome, definitely will give it a try and may help concentration during league races. One question however is did you ever see anything for removing the dumb 'player has retired' etc stuff for online, backgrounds or even altogether.

Thanks for the good work will let you know how it goes.

This is pretty awesome, definitely will give it a try and may help concentration during league races. One question however is did you ever see anything for removing the dumb 'player has retired' etc stuff for online, backgrounds or even altogether.

Thanks for the good work will let you know how it goes.

Thanks! I figured if I liked it, I would share it. Although it was @BBFred who suggested removing the annoying swipe-box backgrounds (I wasn't sure it was possible at first). For the 'player has retired' etc stuff, although I don't play online (do you guys always have to have the same files?), I saw something called the 'spectator box' in these files, and I am wondering what it is, tbh. Maybe it's related, because other than that, I have no idea what it could be. If I make it transparent, maybe it would only display the text. I'll try to post the result here, if it works.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%