Resource icon

Misc See-through OSD For Cockpit-Cam Driving 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
(Edited) See-through OSD (Not Just) For Cockpit-Cam Driving - :sleep: Adds transparent OSD position & lap timer backgrounds to the previous cleaner-OSD mods. This mod gives drivers a complete see-through On-Screen-Display experience in F1 2013 mode. (Screenshot image provided in each install folder.)

A comprehensive update of all options created in this thread is now ready to download at the Download Now button. A folder/sub-folders/sub-folders tree structure has been set up for an easier way of use, so it's not necessary to read through the entire thread to find external links for downloading files.

Read the Readme (.txt) file in the OSD_TRANSPARENCY_OPTIONS root folder after downloading and unzipping this current version 2.1 mod for instructions. This version update offers the same options as the first one, while restoring the starting lights for players who need them (in the 3 - WITH_STARTING_LIGHTS folder).

Always backup your files before installing mods (backup files are also provided within the zipped download).

See screenshots! VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

f1_2013_2013_12_29_13_57_57_935.png

f1_2013_2013_12_25_15_36_56_756.png

Key features:

- No starting lights (and no flying-lap starting lights either)
_Edit: Starting lights version has been made and updated as per this Version 2.1
- No accompanying audio countdown for starting lights (since there are...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
suuuper job, suuuper job, have a please, you can forward this osd change for me? (See picture) then everything would be very, very good for me. please excuse my bad english, I write with google translater. micha greeting from berlin

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    72.9 KB · Views: 429
Hi Salut Gilles,

I really like your concept but the only thing that's stopped me from using it is the absence of fuel mix and brake bias menus.

I use them a lot while racing and since the pad on my wheel is not always accurate I need visual confirmation that I chose the right settings.

Could you make an optional version with transparent fuel & brake menus?

Whatever you decide, great job! :thumbsup:

suuuper job, suuuper job, have a please, you can forward this osd change for me? (See picture) then everything would be very, very good for me. please excuse my bad english, I write with google translater. micha greeting from berlin

Hi micmiller, from Canada here, but sorry for I don't know how to do that at this moment, and I am very busy at that time of the year (family visits and all that stuff). So, as soon as I will have enough spare time again, I will definitely have a look and I will try to find the way to make a version that will do that for you.

In the meantime, since I suspect this is more related to cameras.xml files in the cars folder (unless I'm wrong), let's hope other active modders who are more knowledgeable in these different camera-related mods will reply (or start a conversation with you) and direct you to a proper resource (cameras.xml mods) which will make it a reality for you.

In any case, watch this thread, and best wishes for 2014.

Last edited:
Hi Salut Gilles,

I really like your concept but the only thing that's stopped me from using it is the absence of fuel mix and brake bias menus.

I use them a lot while racing and since the pad on my wheel is not always accurate I need visual confirmation that I chose the right settings.

Could you make an optional version with transparent fuel & brake menus?

Whatever you decide, great job! :thumbsup:

Hi, BBFred,
Like I just replied to micmiller above, I happen to be very busy at this time of the year, but since this is probably related to a few entries in the d_osd.pssg file, and even while I'm not 100% certain it is, I'll try to make it as soon as I can find enough free time on my hands (tonight or tomorrow, maybe).

Do you want to see these two "quick-menu entries" displayed over see-through (transparent) backgrounds? Because, for now, I think it may be the only one feasable possibility.

many thanks for the answer fast. I understand that they have to take care of their family in this season, I can wait. I wish them and their family good luck for the Christmas season and in the new year.the file to the OSD is the b_osd.pssg. micha

Do you want to see these two "quick-menu entries" displayed over see-through (transparent) backgrounds? Because, for now, I think it may be the only one feasable possibility.

See-through transparent backgrounds would be perfect to me! :thumbsup:
And take your time, I really appreciate that you'll take the time to answer my request! :cool:

many thanks for the answer fast. I understand that they have to take care of their family in this season, I can wait. I wish them and their family good luck for the Christmas season and in the new year.the file to the OSD is the b_osd.pssg. micha

I'm back earlier than I thought! :) And I worked-out a new b_osd.pssg file based on your image up-thread:

Download link from MediaFire: https://www.mediafire.com/?o506h46hb01a73g

I tested it in T-cam mode since I don't use the camera mod for cockpit view. I hope it displays what you want!

I wonder what the pictogram for the fuel tank does. It does not seem to be useful to me. :thumbsdown:

See-through transparent backgrounds would be perfect to me! :thumbsup:
And take your time, I really appreciate that you'll take the time to answer my request! :cool:

Hi back to you BBFred,

I had time to work on the d_osd.pssg file tonight, as I tried to make only the Fuel and Brakes menus visible, over a transparent background. Only to realize after many tests it was not possible to omit the Tyres menu without causing problems to the attached sub menus, so I can only offer a full quick menu with transparent backgrounds.

Link to the d_osd.pssg file download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/37noh4gyku5v616/d_osd.pssg

f1_2013_2013_12_26_23_25_16_389.png

f1_2013_2013_12_26_23_26_01_172.png

f1_2013_2013_12_26_23_26_58_131.png

Alternatively, I could also make one that displays the original quick-menu backgrounds (for better visibility).

Last edited:
dear Salut Gilles many, many thanks. EXACTLY this OSD I have searched for a long time. Very good work. I tried myself to edit this, but I am 53 years old and my school is English sooo long ago that I could not find my way around with the PSSG editor. I am very pleased with their work, now I have a better view in the game F1 2013. all the best for the year 2014 for you and your family. micha

Hi back to you BBFred,

I had time to work on the d_osd.pssg file tonight, as I tried to make only the Fuel and Brakes menus visible, over a transparent background. Only to realize after many tests it was not possible to omit the Tyres menu without causing problems to the attached sub menus, so I can only offer a full quick menu with transparent backgrounds.

Alternatively, I could also make one that displays the original quick-menu backgrounds (for better visibility).

Tyres quick menu showing is not an issue to me really. I'l ttry it out today, but this all liooks perfect already! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Know this is a silly question but wonder if the fastest lap writing can be transpartent too?or it's impossible to accomplish?

Hi w1n1x,
To be honest, I don't know if it could be possible or not. This mod was found and made by currently inactive RD member NoSuey about a year ago (for F1 2012, as far as I know), and since he seems to be absent these days, I only studied the way he did it in order to hide both the lousy flags & fastest laps, which CM's designers aren't clever enough to provide a simple option to turn them off. If they did, maybe they could sell more copies? :p

Hi w1n1x,
To be honest, I don't know if it could be possible or not. This mod was found and made by currently inactive RD member NoSuey about a year ago (for F1 2012, as far as I know), and since he seems to be absent these days, I only studied the way he did it in order to hide both the lousy flags & fastest laps, which CM's designers aren't clever enough to provide a simple option to turn them off. If they did, maybe they could sell more copies? :p
Well no problem. This mod is awesome as it is. I was just asking cause i'm using realistic TV T-cams and the fastest lap times pops up always in the most annoying moments when i turn into corners :p :unsure:

Well no problem. This mod is awesome as it is. I was just asking cause i'm using realistic TV T-cams and the fastest lap times pops up always in the most annoying moments when i turn into corners :p :unsure:

I can understand the need for fastest laps information in online League races, though, but it's true the way these lousy rectangles pop up in the middle of the screen can cause many (un-intended) crashes!! :roflmao: :mad:

CM designers don't know how to use screen corners! :cry:

I tried the newest version with the quick menu transparency but only the quick menu was transparent, not the driver list and laps - they stayed default. Strange...

Ah, forgot the b_osd file. All working now, great mod thanks!

Happens (I admit it can be a bit confusing, but I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to try to clarify the copying process for other RD members who might encounter the same problem). Thanks!

Edited to add: Backup of all original files provided in the 1.0 (.zip) 'Download Now' version in case they're needed at some point in the future, like after any possible direct overwriting of any original d_osd.pssg, b_osd.pssg, and Osd\config.xml files, although it's always better to backup all files before copying any new ones.

Edit: Comprehensive solution now available as version 2.1 by clicking the Download Now button up-thread.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years