second Skin for one Car.....

is it possible to add a second skin for one car? in rf you can create a folder with same name like the .veh file from the driver and add only "skins", but looks like this doesn't work in AMS

sorry mate, I might be wrong about it ... I remember seeing mutliple drivers in one veh file but somehow I can`t find any example in AMS ... I take a look at it later, prehaps somebody else will figure it out ..

I think it was not possible at the beginning but since we now can have upgrades, I was hoping it would become possible. I have not tried yet tho… Maybe you could have a look at the upgrades that some cars have now, and see if it can be used for skins as well?

I can confirm that this does work, the way I did it is I made a seperate folder in the vehicles folder that you are trying to add another skin for - XXXXskins then go into veh file in that vehicles directory and add a similar line to this - TrackLivery="XXXX , XXXXskins\XXXX.dds" attached is some images as an example (this method also works for rfactor too if anyone is curious)

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2 copy.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg

Last edited:
Just tried this with the liveries for round #10 of the 2016 Virgin Australia ChampionShip (Sandown), and it works ! I edited the 16_NIS_096_WOO_R01.veh file of the regular car (Dale Wood) and added TrackLivery="Sandown Raceway, 16_NIS_096_WOO_R10.dds" // use track.gdb - EventName

When i select the Sandown track in game (just using the filter for the regular 2016 cars), the car-livery for Dale Wood switches to the special Retro livery !! Great stuff !

I was just looking into this, I knew it worked back in rfactor so thought it would in AMS. The beauty of it is all the liveries are round correct and you don't end up with 2 x Winterbottoms on track at the same time, the down side is we don't have all the VASC tracks :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%