1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

second Skin for one Car.....

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by ChiefWiggum, Jan 3, 2017.

1. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum

Ratings:
    +89
    is it possible to add a second skin for one car? in rf you can create a folder with same name like the .veh file from the driver and add only "skins", but looks like this doesn't work in AMS

2. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +522
    You can have multiple drivers/skins in one *.veh file .

3. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum

Ratings:
    +89
    and how do I have to edit this?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  4. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +522
    sorry mate, I might be wrong about it ... I remember seeing mutliple drivers in one veh file but somehow I can`t find any example in AMS ... I take a look at it later, prehaps somebody else will figure it out ..

5. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,256
    I think it was not possible at the beginning but since we now can have upgrades, I was hoping it would become possible. I have not tried yet tho… Maybe you could have a look at the upgrades that some cars have now, and see if it can be used for skins as well?

6. Thierry Galle

Thierry Galle

Ratings:
    +7
    yes it works. Set the new skins in skin folder and add this line in .veh file : TrackLivery="Brands Hatch Grand Prix, Skins\decesaris10.dds" // use track.gdb - EventName

• Like Like x 3
  7. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +522
    I knew I saw it somewhere :p

8. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum

Ratings:
    +89
    hmmm, and then the skin works only for this track?

9. PieterN

PieterN
    Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Interesting, have you tested this Thierry ? Does it work for the AI-cars ?

10. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +72
    Are those //'s the right way round? Just I would like to try this later and just wanted to make sure before I tried.

11. Thierry Galle

Thierry Galle

Ratings:
    +7
    I have successfully tested it. But will confirm if it works also for AI. The // are just commentary used to remember me what name of track to use.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +431
    I've tried to get this to work for EEC GT3 mod and it doesnt work and my line looks like
    TrackLivery="Misano World Circuit, Skins\14Corvette34.dds" with the separate skins folder and it still wont switch it.

13. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum

Ratings:
    +89
    for me it doesn't work also

14. nathan_212

nathan_212

Ratings:
    +3
    I can confirm that this does work, the way I did it is I made a seperate folder in the vehicles folder that you are trying to add another skin for - XXXXskins then go into veh file in that vehicles directory and add a similar line to this - TrackLivery="XXXX , XXXXskins\XXXX.dds" attached is some images as an example (this method also works for rfactor too if anyone is curious)

Untitled-2.jpg Untitled-2 copy.jpg Untitled-4.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. PieterN

PieterN
    Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Does this also work for AI cars ? This would be great news for the VASC-pack, we could then have trackspecific skinpacks per championship-race. We'll have to try this @NWRAP !

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thierry Galle

Thierry Galle

Ratings:
    +7
    PieterN, ChiefWiggum, yes it works for AI also. I have sent in PM a link to a private mod with multi skins.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum

Ratings:
    +89
    ok, thank you, but make me not really happy, would be nice to choose the Skin in the Spinner like in rfactor

18. NWRAP

NWRAP

Ratings:
    +540
    Hmm..interesting and we may just run with this once the rest of the liveries are completed

• Like Like x 1
  19. PieterN

PieterN
    Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Just tried this with the liveries for round #10 of the 2016 Virgin Australia ChampionShip (Sandown), and it works ! I edited the 16_NIS_096_WOO_R01.veh file of the regular car (Dale Wood) and added TrackLivery="Sandown Raceway, 16_NIS_096_WOO_R10.dds" // use track.gdb - EventName

When i select the Sandown track in game (just using the filter for the regular 2016 cars), the car-livery for Dale Wood switches to the special Retro livery !! Great stuff !

• Like Like x 1
  20. muzarati

muzarati

Ratings:
    +26
    I was just looking into this, I knew it worked back in rfactor so thought it would in AMS. The beauty of it is all the liveries are round correct and you don't end up with 2 x Winterbottoms on track at the same time, the down side is we don't have all the VASC tracks :(