Sebring 2021

Tracks Sebring 2021 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
It is your exposure that is badly regulated, sets the lowest!!!
You have some bad settings for the specular and you are not using the best shader either.

Your road at low sun.

Screenshot_corvette_c6r_sebring_rtb_v07_18-8-117-20-26-59.jpg

Proper Fresnel_nm shader at low sun.
Screenshot_corvette_c6r_riverside_18-8-117-20-31-9.jpg

D'abord bravo pour le boulot !

Some feedback about bumps and curbs, based on my memories of the VLM track (I know it was not laserscanned) and what I saw on TV (such as this for example
). Je les mets en anglais pour que ça puisse être discuté ^^

Turn 1 - in current track version there is one big bump at the apex, very nasty for cars like the Porsche GT3. IT seems there should rather be more bumps along the turn, but not that big.

Turn 5 - the curb on the right side at the exit seems to be flatter and broader IRL; in the current version you lose a lot of time if you ride it as your right tire jumps and bites the dirt.

Turn 7 - the curbs look flatter and broader IRL; in current track version the car jumps a lot riding over the lefthand curb at exit like they do IRL.

Turn 13 - curb looks flatter broader and friendlier IRL; I remember McNish showing the racing line onboard saying that you had to fully lean on that curb at the exit; good luck doing that in AC :p

Turn 16 - The outside curb IRL looks flatter and broader and all cars reaccelerate easily on it. In the current track version it is quite nasty for GT3s and you're better off avoiding it.

Ullman straight - It looks like there are less bumps IRL.

Turn 17 - It looks like there are more bumps all way long IRL.

loooooooooooool you are serious ?????
If i have to look at all the bump of sebring in real ,,,,,, and place them at the same place on my track,,, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool ,,,,,, is an endless story for me :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:,,,,
and for the kerb I will See what I can do !!!;)

This track needs more bumps on the roads, especilly on Sunset bend & before hairpin, on Collier curve, through Bishop - and Gendebien curves, otherwise a very good track, love it !
Keep up the good work !

thank you to you, to tell me, but already other people ask me, but other people do not like, too much hump, then not easy to find a good compremi in between. will have to wait a few! I will try to correct this as soon as possible! thanks again

Thanks for this update.
It seem to have a little better optimization.
The track looks fantastic ,feels great,
The environment and track side object fit together perfectly with the signs and banners.
But the waving flags just don't seem a natural.
Sorry to nit pick.
This is a very good piece of work.

Could you keep the name of the track the same in shared memory rather than changing it every update ?

Apps like mine which check which track is loaded need to be updated every time you change the track name.

Thanks

v0.8
The track looks better and better! I really enjoy it but currently racing online for me is really not possible with this version :-(

v0.8 runs for me at about 35 - 55 FPS on a system where Kunos most demanding tracks with a full field run about about 65 - 80 FPS.

The frame rate also varies quite a bit depending where you are around the track (the long back straight for example usually runs at high FPS while a few parts of the tighter areas drop down to ~35 FPS

I tried to lower a few graphics settings (world detail, shadow detail, …) just to get it to run smoothly for online racing but it is impossible at the moment :-(

Then there is one more issue for me at the moment:

One corner specifically has a very strange curb.
The curb looks from some angles like it is floating above the track with a layer of air between the track and the curb (it might be just a lighting issue ?) - BUT that same curb sometimes is very dangerous.
Normally you can use this curb and lean with your tire on it on corner exit.
In an online race yesterday, I touched the curb only slightly and the car was spun around immediately as some sort of collision happened.

The curb is in corner 5:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebri.../media/File:Sebring_International_Raceway.svg

It is the curb on the right side of the track when exiting the left hand corner 5.

Could you please have a look if this curb is all ok?

Regarding track details and performance:
I really like the current basic trackside cameras - it is very good for watching a quick replay.
Maybe in the future there will be a few more camera angles (more close up, maybe even a help cam).

During driving and even mostly with the current camera, many of the trackside objects really cannot be seen from the car or from the TV camera angles.

It might be possible to reduce some of the trackside objects that are completely outside of the cockpit view and can be avoided by the cameras to improve performance ?

I really would love this track to become a often used standard in online races - we NEED Sebring, it is one of the cornerstones of endurance sports car racing ;-)

One more thing (important actually):

Currently with every new revision of your track, a brandnew track is installed with it's own unique name with it's own unique setup folder, new track records, … etc.

I already lost the setups and track records I have produced when I tried v0.7 extensively :mad:

Could you please with the next revision keep the naming of the track consistent and use the "version" tag correctly, so we have a track properly named as "Sebring International Raceway" and you add your details in the author, version and track description files maybe with your name / logo in the track preview image?

This way we all know what track and version it is but it stays all consistent with updates ;)

Keep up the great job!:thumbsup:

This is the best Sebring mod track ever. Thanks for doing it.
I absolutely love racing on this track with the AI. My favourite so far is with the Seat Leon Eurocup cars. It just feels so damn good.
Please do some more American tracks. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
5rmdL6x.png

AiXk4jj.png

giPsGne.png

gP7d4y2.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back