2018 12 Hours of Sebring (Live Stream)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sebring 12 Hour Discussion Thread.jpg

This weekend sees the spectacular Sebring 12 Hour IMSA Sportscar race take place in Florida - discuss the race right here!

Thankfully the long winter of motorsport inactivity is well and truly over, Daytona has been run, Bathurst has seen more than its fair share of action and the Formula One teams are heading down under once again, feels like a good time for a trip to Florida for a 12 hour endurance spectacular for the second round of the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship!

Sebring 12 Hour Discussion Thread 2.jpg

Happy racing folks!

Full Sebring 12h Session Results: HERE
Live stream can be found: HERE

For more from the Sebring 12 Hour race weekend check out the Motorsport Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment - go on, get involved in the conversation now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Can't wait for the start, with Daytona Supercross & St Pete's last weekend now onto St louis Supercross & Sebring 12hr this weekend, Then next weekend Indianapolis SX & Finally back to Formula 1 in Melbourne. An awesome 3 weekends of racing by my standards anyways.

Yep agree, definitely excited.

So coverage isn't great in the US?

The international stream is excellent with radio le man's.

The television coverage isn't as good as it should be. There is a big gap with no television coverage at all. It's also carried on multiple stations which many people don't have. The Indycar race last week at St. Pete was also bad. No pre-race show and nothing after the race. They went to N.B.A. coverage right after the race. I'm afraid road racing events don't get good coverage in this country.:(

Always odd to hear about the poor US coverage. IMSA is a treat to follow here in Europe with IMSA.tv.

Race should be a hoot, but it'll be hard to beat last years rocket launch mid-race. :)

IMSA is a treat to follow here in Europe with IMSA.tv

Yes that's my preferred viewing choice as well. Excellent no advert coverage as well. Shame the US audiences have such a tough deal though.

I'm lucky in that the browser on my LG TV will allow me to watch the stream on the TV screen, not quite HD (it looks like 720P) but still a nice experience :)

Looking forward to this one, I really want to try and go to the 2019 Double Header event next year with the WEC.

Practice sessions look interesting. The big surprise is the pace of the Mazda's (and I'm a Mazda fan). Admittedly I'm still expecting them to suffer reliability issues until Joest get on top of everything but at least the car has pace now.

The favourites have got to be the Caddys still though. Looks like it's going to be a great battle in GTE and GTD too. Looking forward to sitting down and watching the race at the weekend :)

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/148075-taylor-keeps-acura-ahead-in-sebring-practice-2
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/148082-mazda-shines-under-the-stars-in-sebring-night-practice

Last edited:
I almost forgot this was on this weekend. Loving my endurance racing more than ever this year. Am not sure I've done my maths correct as to the race start time? Does the imsa.tv app convert to local time?

I didn't realize it was on at all, so this is a great reminder. Racing in general isn't even considered a sport at all. The only time it gets news coverage at all is when something bad happens.
TV coverage is spotty at best, except for NASCAR, that and switching stations is enough to drive you crazy.
Thanks for the reminder !

D

Deleted member 387850

• Deleted member 387850

I'm lucky in that the browser on my LG TV will allow me to watch the stream on the TV screen, not quite HD (it looks like 720P) but still a nice experience :)

Similarly I use the browser on my PS4 to watch on the TV. It’s a bit funny in that initially it doesn’t appear to work, but if you leave the page open the video feed finally appears and lets you go full screen. Worked really well for Daytona 24!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000