1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Released

Discussion in 'Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Released.jpg
    Milestone Studios have today launched their first rally title since partnering with rally legend Sebastien Loeb, bringing the latest rally title to PC, XBOX ONE and PS4.

With 2015 being dominated by hugely popular Codemasters title DiRT Rally perhaps Milestone Studios were a little nervous headlining into the launch of their first rally game since handing over the reigns to the official WRC franchise, however the studio have been working overtime to perfect the fine details needed to bring a rally experience to life and have spared no digital polygons to bring a selection of jucy rally cars past and present for fans of the sport to enjoy.

Featuring 58 car models across 16 different manufacturers spanning rallying's golden years, owners of the game are sure to find a vehicle able to quench the need for speed.

Iconic motors such as the Suburu Impreza driven by Scotland's Colin Mcrae can be pitched against its period rival in the form of the legendary Mitsubishi Lancer, as driven by Tommi Makkinen and Richard Burns.

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Released Lancer.png

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Impreza.png

Fans of older machinery can treat themselves to drives in the 1971 Lancia Fulvia, Fiat 131 from '78 or such something like such classics as the Ford RS200 from 1985 amongst other great looking models.

Of course with so many cars to choose from you would expect a decent amount of stage mileage to enjoy, and again the game delivers with 300 Kilometres of real road stages across 8 different rallies, 64 special stages, 5 Rallycross circuits and the Pikes Peak Hill Climb track.

Only a couple of weeks ago the studio released a rather underwhelming demo for the PC version of the game, lets hope that the full release is substantially improved form that shambolic release and can provide a bit of competition to DiRT Rally in 2016.

Alongside the launch and in a rather bizarre move for a game already delayed from its initial release, Milestone plan to deploy an opening day patch addressing several issues and adding support for the popular Thrustmaster T500RS wheel. I don't know if this is a good sign that the studio plan to keep the game up to date at regular intervals, or bad news that a patch is required so soon into the life of a new title... only one way to find out I suppose...

Day 1 Patch changelog:
    • Improved weight transfer for all the vehicles
    • Improved suspensions movement for all the vehicles
    • Improved the behavior of the dampers for all the vehicles
    • Improved the gear ratios for all the vehicles
    • Improved the mapping of the engine for the Fiat Abarth Grande Punto S2000
    • Improved the mapping of the engine for the Peugeot 205 T16 Pikes Peak
    • Improved the mapping of the engine for the Peugeot 208 Pikes Peak
    • Improved the grip for all the Pikes Peak cars
    • Improved of the aerodynamics simulation for all the vehicles
    • Added the Thrustmaster T500RS support for the Playstation®4
    • Improved the differential for all the vehicles
    • Improved the setups of all the vehicles for all the different terrains topology
    • Improved the Pikes Peak cars performance
    • Improved the handling for all the vehicles
    • Improved AI performance

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO is available to purchase for:
    Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Mods
    We have created a modding folder to show off your skills and share your modding work with the rest of the community.

Have you tried the new game yet? What platform are you using? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. x-ray81

x-ray81
    Premium Member

Could anyone actually buy this after playing that demo. Probably the worst game I've ever played. Demo put me off completely.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. The car 3d model look off in SLRE..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kind of frustrating to see when you see fan made mod that have better models.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Reminds me of some old racing games where they're trying to get the model to look like the real car as much as they can, but not too much as to avoid licensing issues. Surprised the cars don't have generic names. Honestly, the quality across the board isn't what I'd expect from a big time studio full of "professionals" that spent years and probably millions developing this. Not to mention, full price for what's basically a beta (that's a pretty substantial laundry list for a day1 patch).

5. the game is so bad , that they shut down forum on Steam , what a pathetic scumbags

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. oh dear, after all one reads and sees, won't even consider buying it. what a pity for loeb to give his name to a product many here say does not live up to the name. poor man.

7. I thought you were joking, but no, sadly, you're not. I went to "discussions" in the SLRE community forums on Steam, and what ya know, I got an "error" along with the message "no forums available". You said it right, Pathetic!

8. i tryed the demo and now i'm sure... no buy the game!

9. There's a few people on Steam that said the demo didn't do the game justice and that its fantastic. I'm not so sure I will trust there opinions. Either way, I am not gonna pay $60 for the game and $25-$30 for the season pass and then they have dlc going for close to $10 each. Those prices are crazy considering I paid $20 for Dirt Rally!

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

all the discussion forums are down for all games.

11. Dirt Rally discussion forum works fine . Loeb does not ....bit like the game really :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

comments here pretty sad really I have the game it isnt that bad so far i can say it's as good asdirt in a rally level.

Shame ppl can't step out their sim comfort zones. Or look past others negativity

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I'm enjoying it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I might buy it after its fully patched and in the Steam sale for £4.89 in a couple of months time.;)
    If it's anything like as bad as their previous rally titles I won't be buying it at all.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

It's funny that the guy who doesn't run rFactor2 because of the "bad FFB" likes this game. Now I get it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Perhaps he thinks this game has better FFB than RF2?;)

17. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

Thats why it's funny

18. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

okay ill bite....

I play rf2 a lot , still my "go to " realism simulator. However ffb isn't perfect although still very good....that's all. Nothing wrong with me liking this sim boys.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Hey, I don't discriminate between racing titles. I buy all racing titles if the price is right and SLREs price is NOT right!

• Agree Agree x 2