Sebastien Loeb Cracks Pikes Peak Record

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
[youtube]
Frenchman Sebastien Loeb wrote Pikes Peak history yesterday in his Peugeot 208 T16 smashing the old hillclimb records to pieces.

The nine-time World Rally Champion, and soon to be World Touring Car Championship pilot for Citroen, did exactly what his sponsor Red Bull expected him to do as he pulverized the record on the infamous hillclimb, the second oldest car race in the United States.

Loeb stopped the clock after crossing the finish line in 8:13.878 beating the old record of 9:46 with more than a minute and a half set by Rhys Millen in the Hyundai Genesis Coupe last year.

The new 2013 record didn't came as a big surprise seeing the specifications under the hood of the Peugeot 208 T16 with a 3.2-liter bi-turbo V6 engine putting out an insane amount of 875 horsepower. Pair this car to a living rally legend like Loeb and a success is almost inevitable.
View the Post on the Blog

Amazing, just amazing guy.... to the summit of his art.
Seb: 1
TV broadcast: 0 (Such an amateur way to broadcast an international challenge like PP), pitiful!

Amazing stuff and congratulations to Loeb and Peugeot. Having said that, definitely some of the worst coverage I've ever seen. This is an international event and one of the biggest single events of the motorsport year - surely they could have done better than this tripe.

It almost felt like they made sure anyone involved in covering the event had never heard of it before. I watched it some during the motorcycle runs, and the guy doing the interviews at the finish area kept checking his clipboard every time he mentioned they were in Colorado (about 3 times that I saw). And the camera guy + pilot, I hope those two never work together again.

I wonder what the time would have been if it wasn't all tarmac these days (very sad they've ruined the integrity of pikes peak :( )
Seb Proved that he could be the quickest on ANY type of surface (9 successive world titles demonstrated it), I'm sure he would have set a new record on the old track too.
yes, not denying he's amazing but what it's not really a shock to expect the time to be smashed when there's suddenly no dirt and pure grip tarmac instead.

The point is not only the record that smashed the previous ones, the point is the technical escalation too. Now, we can imagine the next records cars, like this one for sure :

http://strv.pagesperso-orange.fr/auto/feuillePikesPeakUS.htm

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back