1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sebastian Vettel Wins Controversial Malaysian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Dan Hawkins, Mar 24, 2013.

1. View the Post on the Blog

2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

his second win of the season?

3. Apologys mate, That Should be 1st not 2nd - Auto correct on my phone for some reason changed 1st to 2nd

4. multi 21.

I guess the FIA can take this to next season and limit the amount of team orders per season, like the amount of times mechanics over stay the night working on the car, there should also be a limit to team orders.

Like time outs, limit of X number so teams can use it wisely and not have some stats happy driver ignore his team.

5. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

There should be no team orders for the first half of the season.
    Team orders take away the best part of racing and that was some battle between the redbull drivers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. team orders regardless of being banned or not banned will exist, that's why there are plenty of debriefs prior to race.

but I standby a limit # of team orders per season, up to each team if they want to use it in Race #1 or last race. Make it a timeout with a limited amount.

7. "some stats happy driver ignore his team."
    Brilliant!

8. You cannot limit team orders. I mean, you can add 200 pages in the FIA regulations about them if you want, but it is an exercise in futility.

May I remind you that team orders were _forbidden_ (not just less than 12 per season, or the first race, or whatever, simply and completely forbidden), and nevertheless happening constantly.

9. You do realize that your first paragraph completely invalidates your second one, right? :rolleyes:

10. Reminds me my recent favorite movie.. Vettel = Turbo-tastic lol

11. its ridiculous not obeying team-orders this early in the season, Webber was ahead fair and square and Vettel should respect that. Webber backed off all the times the team told him to, Seb should do the same, Webber will ignore Horner's calls from now on

12. I hope Mr.Ross Brawn the same treatment for Nico! If not i want you too loose every race. Cmon Nico! Just outburst... What a GP was it (=

13. Complete immaturity from Vettel, they work for the team not the other way around.

14. Jules Bianchi is getting great results in the Marussia so far!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Good job from Seb, its called Racing, not following a car. Seb was faster as Webber and did what a racer should do, overtake. Nico should have done the same...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seb was faster because Webber turned the engine down (as the team asked both of them to do). I don't know what you understand under "racing" but for me there is now racing involved when a driver takes advantage of exactly that situation and ignores that call in order to overtake Webber who is barley driving at 80%.

17. Benedict Venturini

Benedict Venturini
    Benedict Venturini

I think the controversy started when Vettel tapped his brakes on the first lap, second corner and Alonso ran into the back of him

Lol

18. That is just speculation as we don't have any telemetry data to prove that. And I'm saying that as an Alonso fan.

19. You think Webber just mysteriously lost pace as the end?

He was the quickest man out of anyone today.
    Got told to turn down the engine and save tires then a little German came flying past that disobeyed orders completely.

At first Vettel could not even go past so like a little kid he said "get him out of the way"
    As if someone manually will go out and take him out of Vettel´s way.
    He´s 25 but acts like 10 sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
  20. There just shouldn't have been team orders, it's not like a few decades ago where the cars broke down all the time. Also, they had quite a big lead, so why not fight it out ? Surely they can do so without crashing.

But then since RB gave team orders, Vettel was a bit of a dick, abit like what Pironi had done to Villeneuve. Also, I feel the only reason Merc gave team orders was because they screwed up Hamilton's fuel and wanted to avoid pissing him off too much by letting him beat Rosberg.