Sebastian Vettel made ADAC Formula 4 patron

Vettel Tires.jpg

Sebastian Vettel has been named as the patron for the inaugural ADAC Formula 4 Championship, which kicks off this weekend at Oschersleben and will finish on the 4th October at Hockenheim after eight triple header rounds.

Vettel himself has raced in an ADAC Championship, back in 2004 in the Formula BMW Championship in which he finished on the podium at all 20 races and won 18 of them.

Seven out of the eight rounds will take place on ADAC GT weekends, with the odd one out being the second Oschersleben round which will be in support of DTM.

The Ferrari driver has said "I know some of the young drivers on the start list", with the most notable - and personal - ones for the German being the son's of Adrian Newey and Michael Schumacher; Harrison and Mick (both 16 years old).

Vettel went on to say: "I can well remember the early years of my career in single seater racing and have a lot to thank the ADAC for...it was a fantastic time for me, but also very important in my development as a racing driver...that's why I'm pleased to make a contribution, along with the ADAC, to increasing the attraction of Formula 4...I'll be following the championship with great interest; these guys are going to be racing at a high level, and I'm sure that I'll be seeing some of them eventually in Formula 1."

Additionally, the "other" Schumacher - Ralf - will remain as patron to the ADAC Kart Masters during the 2015 season.

I think it's great to have these lower tier classes in competition however most of the become strict spec type rules packages with regards to the cars. I for one always like to see a challenge from one manufacturer to another at least at the level of engine package. Even the series that use motorcycle engines why not from the different manufacturers rather then just one make? Never take away a teams freedom to innovate.

I think it's great to have these lower tier classes in competition however most of the become strict spec type rules packages with regards to the cars. I for one always like to see a challenge from one manufacturer to another at least at the level of engine package. Even the series that use motorcycle engines why not from the different manufacturers rather then just one make? Never take away a teams freedom to innovate.
Not every series needs to be about innovation, leave that to the bigger series with better funding. The lower tiers of racing become more accessible for everyone with a spec racing philosophy.

Not every series needs to be about innovation, leave that to the bigger series with better funding. The lower tiers of racing become more accessible for everyone with a spec racing philosophy.
Sorry if I am not 100% supportive of cookie cutter racing series' I am not against spec but think there should be a good amount of choice on how teams meet those specs. I'll run a Honda 4 and you run a Nissan 4 in the same chassis offering and body kit. Why just Grape Kool aid when we can have Cherry too

Sorry if I am not 100% supportive of cookie cutter racing series' I am not against spec but think there should be a good amount of choice on how teams meet those specs. I'll run a Honda 4 and you run a Nissan 4 in the same chassis offering and body kit. Why just Grape Kool aid when we can have Cherry too
Each approach has it's place. It's not one or the other.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%