1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seat position

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Onno Naber, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Hi all

Is there a way to set the seat closer to the windscreen,I have put it as far as it will go in game using my keyboard
    but I would like to have it closer

2. Set FOV in your game setting. Set it to smallest value and go back from there if it's too close. Iirc you can set it while at track too.
  3. Edit the FTruck_Cams.CAM file (in the vehicles\FTruck folder).
    Under LocalCam=COCKPIT
    change Fov=(60,60) to whatever you want (Try 35, 35 to start with, and work from there).
    Remember this is the default setting, so make sure you put the FOV on 'default' in the menu for this to work.
  4. Claudio Gandolfi

Claudio Gandolfi
    Pheripheral consumer Premium Member

You can also set 4 keys "Adjust seat fore/aft/up/down" on options/controls, for tune it into game
    There's a simple option called "Vertical Fov" on options/display for the same....:)
  5. Thanks found it
  6. Sorry I thought Onno meant he had already moved the seat as close as it would go.
    If you have set it as close as possible in the menu and by the keyboard, then editing the file I mentioned will move the default position and you can then move the view even closer.
  7. Thanks for helping out Keith,I went for your option I have my wheel really close to my screens
    so this was the best option :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FOV is different from just position though right? Changing fov will affect the sense of speed etc too.

I also thought the view was not quite as much to the front as I'd like (after full adjustment with the seat keys).

There is this line separately for all cams in the cam file too:
    PositionOffset=(0.000000, -0.0, 0.0000)

I'm guessing the 3rd value is the Z (fore/aft), so adjusting that should work?
  9. ^
    To confirm myself, it worked nicely. :)

Changed it to => (0.000000, -0.0, -0.3000) and its was already significantly more in front.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah that'll do it. Those numbers are in metres, so you know. You basically moved the eyepoint an entire foot closer to the screen :p