Season 9 vote

Would it make sence to already start sign ups, so new comers who confirmed that they have read and understood how the league was running last year could participate in this vote, too?
I haven't thought deeper into the question "when is the best time to open sign ups and make all promotion work" so it's just a wild question.

Would it make sence to already start sign ups, so new comers who confirmed that they have read and understood how the league was running last year could participate in this vote, too?
I haven't thought deeper into the question "when is the best time to open sign ups and make all promotion work" so it's just a wild question.

I have thought about this, and I am like you, I am unsure myself :) Should we wait for written stuff, explaining videos, result of vote etc, or is it better to open the sign-up right away.

The reason why I have been writing so much in the "New member" thread lately is exactly because of this, I am trying to get out as much info as I can (that still is understandable) so I more easily can open the signup thread.

I think the conclusion must be that for my part we can open the signup today, but since Jonas is working on promotion stuff as well I'll wait for his view before reaching a final decition, perhaps he has spesific ideas around the sign-up :)

If we open them right away, we might get a better understanding of what kind of figures we are talking about, ie one or two divisions... But if the voting is done soon, that would be logical point to start signups, they need to be ready for the "promo campaign".

Im not sure about that as well, I think its important to have some kind of a codex, something that youve done now Nico that drivers read and agree to when signing up and then my thought was that their names are added to the first post. Its a bit more work because someone has to update the first post but I would do that.
But Im also fine if Nico or someone else does the sign up thread.

About the timing, I personally would wait a couple of days untill the vote is done because then I can submit my almost done article about the opening of the sign ups with some actual facts about the next season like a race calendar, but thats really the only reason why I would wait.

Hungaroring 2011: 20 grid slots by default, 25 with my fix, current F1 layout. Hungaroring 2007 version: different 1st turn and cut warning possible in first turn.

I think the far easiest solution is to go for the 2007 version (as the flag rules will be turned off). We have used it before and we have everything ready for it, e.g. setup, and most of us can see how much we have improved the latest year.

The same goes for Hockenheim, if we use the one we used last year (2004-version), all the same arguements apply.

On top of it all I'm able to make this page complete:
http://prestogp.com/index.php?view=...oring&leaguefilter=1&d1set=1&d2set=1&ws1set=1

Cicada has been tested, it was on Racing Club tonight. I crashed and burned with WTCC Extreme. Race included pitstops. Everything went smoothly. I would then consider track to be 100% grade A. FIA approved with a mention: The pitexit is a bit dangerous but manageable. It's safe if the faster car gets the inside before apex, slower car can make it in the middle of the track at that speed. This was with Extremes. F1 are much closer in speed, normally you can get it to 6th gear. With PrestoGP "no pitlimiter" rule, this is even less of a problem as you can get to 7th but still worth of mention the pit protocol.

Personally, i'm pleased that all design features work beautifully, you get so many second changes..

I think the far easiest solution is to go for the 2007 version (as the flag rules will be turned off). We have used it before and we have everything ready for it, e.g. setup, and most of us can see how much we have improved the latest year.

Only thing I can add to Hungaroring: Ran the 2007 version for a league race once. Several guys hated it because of this false cutwarning on the inside of turn 1.
Ran the 2011 version 3 times now, including a league race. Had no problems with it.
Downloading the modified track with the changed line for 25 gridslots shoudn't be too complicated imo

Old Hungaro is safe choice. New Hocke is a disappointment but i can live that, it's also tested and safest choice. Both tracks are also widely used. If i remember correctly, the second hairpin has too much bumbs but that place is really bumby in real life. Simbins version is easier and IMHO more accurate and again, FREE FOR USE: http://www.simbin.com/games/the-formula-raceroom-addon/ RaceRoom has a lot of players now adays, you can always find public server for it... Has this been forgotten?

http://www.simbin.com/games/the-formula-raceroom-addon/

Once again, it's effin free and official version designed for F1 type open wheelers... They also have the official license and have modelled it on-site (no word if it's LIDAR mapped or GPS, anyway better than anyone who has access to only grandstands...)

This add-on pack also contains three different layouts of the Hockenheim Ring, and it is FREE of charge for all RACE 07 owners with a RaceRoom Online member account.

If you are Race07 owner, there is no valid reason to not register a free account on SimBins site and downloading a freebie. That's all the "cost" it has. And i have a little side project involving data from that addon pack, how about Formula RaceRoomReal..... Been studying data on different mods, specially MMG F1 2007. What i found may be season 10 stuff and i want to start testing it soon.. Alpha release package is beings formed but it needs this addon in order for it to work (and to be legal, which is more important.. it "may" work without the addon...) The awful arcade crap known as Formula RR becomes a nice F1 mod with a little bit tweaking.. Even FFB is neat...

As Hockenheim is the last race on the calendar, we can change to that track after the season have started and we know who are in the league and have a well working line of communication to all.

For now it is simpler to assume/pretend we'll race the 2004 version so we can finalize the calendar. (If I knew everybody had registred at Race Room and downloaded the track, both excisting and potential members, we could have used the Race Room edition in the calendar, but I do not wish to "complicate" matters now :))

PS. I just registred at Race Room for the first time now :) Unless I am the last one to do so there are others that have not done this.

I have now received 90% (18/20) votes and are only missing Marko and Eliezer. I'll announce the results of the vote soon (perhaps later tonight), so there is little time left for M and E if they want their opinions heard (I hope they both plan to race season 9).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back