Season 9: The Race Review Beta Project

I was just a bout to post when he said himself that it was boring for him since he couldn't really follow the race. I understand, try talking for +1h without any material.. If he was paid, then it would've been up to him to read stats but.. there are no stats to read so volunteer commentator has even less duties of digging up background info.. At least we need to provide something. Live timing is possible via many means, most economic is the real time telemetry but it requires a second monitor.. XD don't work when you're not on track, RTT does.

Well, things I will defenitely do for the next broadcast are a spotter guide, summarized info about format and rules, standings screen, presentation screen, preparing xd tool (if there isnt a better free solution)

I love Nicos Idea that everybody rights about himself but I would make a question catalogue first which is then answered by everyone.

I tried real time telmetry and its not really doing what I want it to.
I tried it on one of the 100MBit servers, brfore the start I I went into the grid and immediately pressed esc and then watched the race from the race monitor.
Thats how a broadcaster would do it I guess.
As you can see it doesnt say the lap, maybe its working if you have time instead of laps, im not sure.
Another problem is that the gaps are incorrect.

sshot2vo.jpg

So at the moment I would prefer XD because it has an ingame timer, standings (without gap but with laptime option), and temperature.

sshot1xs.jpg

The only thing XD doesnt have is the Wetness Forecast option and gaps if they are working
If Gaps work I could imagine using both for the broadcasts but that does only work if the broadcaster has two monitors since real time telemetry doesnt have an ingame option, right?

Would it be a good idea if everybody wrote a bit about themselves in relations to PrestoGP. (How long you have raced, best results, strong sides, weak sides etc etc.).

I thought of that idea as well.

It could be good to have a bio-template for commentary.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Driver name: Henrik Jordfald Olsen
Drive Age: 33
Driver status: Rookie (1st season Presto GP)
Driver nationality: Norwegian
Driver Situated: in the capitol of Norway - Oslo.
Last season: N/A
Goal for the season: Finish in the top 15
Experience: Intermediate or mediocre ;)

something like that...

Both would be ideal but is XD then broadcasted too? It's an overlay so there a possibility that it doesn't capture it... i have forgotten does it capture or not, i switch it always off before capping... Yeah, the gap is the gap to the fastest lap, i know it's not ideal.. It shows the order and pitting/DNF info... But doesn't XD go off range when the commentator stays on pit more than one lap.. After that it shows just -1lap to all?

I don't know if setting options on either have some hope, XD has ini file, don't know about RTT.

Then there's third one too... I forgot what it's name was, it was french.. It's commercial but there's a free version that require two monitors... It also works thru net too so the telemetry it can be streamed to another location (streaming is not on free version.)

EDIT: http://www.veloceprod.fr/ENG/index.html

Not sure about the licenses, the free version is gone and instead there is a trial..EDIT2: ok, i remember how it was. After free trial is over you just uninstall, run CCleaner and download new license.. I think it was 30 days at a time so it may well be usefull... it has much wider range of options, all the required info plus it has separate versions for overlay, dualview and network.. So a laptop can be used to run the software.. Jonas: try it out, send me PM if you got questions.. just thinking about this, if it proves to be needed, it would not be such a huge deal to buy the license for the commentator, both supporting the developers and giving somehing back... Everyone chipping in, not a big financial loss..

Ok Kennett will take a look at it.
One thing I know about XD is that it can be seen in a broadcast because Ive seen one with it.
And apparantly XD has been modified in the last version, because as you said usually it would show something like -4 laps in the standings for all drivers if you watch the race from pits but now it shows the last lap time of every driver so thats a nice addition.

After some days where I wasnt too sure about a second race broadcast, Im glad to tell you now that the broadcast for the second race seems safe now, once again thanks to Xosé Estrada, the live stream organizer :)

Another thing which shouldnt be forgotten is @Daniel Hansson 's great weather forecasts which should also find their place in a live stream, before the race. I should be able to prepare that as well.

Drive Bio: (maybe will make a dedicated thread for this....)

Driver name: Kennett Ylitalo
Drive Age: 38
Driver status: 2nd Season
Driver nationality: Finnish
Driver Situated: in the east coast of Gulf of Botnia.
Last season: 18th
Goal for the season: 15th or better
Experience: 4th year with Race07, several GT, WTCC and Mini seasons with Simracingsuomi.com. Modder, with two major releases and third place award in RD Track of the Year 2011 with Alpine Hills

EDIT: The livestream is in the works first, reviews can be made later. Maybe the first three races in one video, that'll smooth things nicely..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%