Season 9: The Race Review Beta Project

This download is a package of alternative pit chief radio for GTR2. It includes many, many wav files for any different situation in GTR2...

Thank you Reik :)

All he needs is the script so let's get it ready

Great, let us jot down ideas and cover some common messages.
The driver messages could even be from the drivers themselves - for the variation.
(that can turn into a real hazzle, but no ideas are stupid, right)

I love the involvement from all - keep it coming!

Is it just me or is this a strange message? Was the intention perhaps "My tyres are fading away"? Or is it me that is stupid and it means it is falling off the grip stage/over the edge?

lol, yeah it is strange, dunno who wrote it ;)

For the ones involved in the project:

We need to get together for a IM-meeting closer to the coming weekend.

I am interested in knowing what kind of messaging software we should use and at what time of the week/weekend that suits you best.

I am beginning a new degree at University tomorrow, so I will have alot of time the coming three years - apart from when assignments are due - I am flexible is what I mean to say...

Was thinking the same, the script never got made... I thought that we get a good list going on and then thin it at the end. Also the fact that i got into school means i get to use pro equipment right next to where i live, mindblowin 350m to cycle downhill.. I see a lot of late nights editing in the booth...

Here's the list from previous page

1. "My tires are falling off"
2. "I have no grip, no grip at all"
3. "I have massive understeer in turn 4"
4. "Copy that - We will look into it"
5. "Box this lap"
6. "Box Box Box"
7. "Go to the Mode 2 green" (or something similar instructing the driver to adjust the settings..)
8. "Stop the car. Stop stop stop"
9. "That was amazing, really good job" (team boss/race engineer congratulating)
10. "Thanks guys, you're amazing" (same thing vice versa)

That's half way done, copy the list if you want to add more so the list keeps updated. I'll give this about 3 days, after that i'll cancel/pause the voicejob... About 20 lines would be good since not all of them will be used also i can make new characters (female, male baritone..) chop the lines and mix the timings, recycle the stuff... I've been longing to try that, i know it in theory but the method is not useable in long passages, these short clips would be perfect.. And if i'm real clever, i can use it as credits... Sometimes the assigments given can be replaced by similar work, like in the first weeks when the stuff is still basics like editing, which i really like to skip..

Any news about this project?

I am still working on the segment-animations and figuring out the best way to administer the replays. This week has been full of lectures for me, so I have not dipped my toes into it at all.

The plan was to use todays race as a way to figure stuff out when it comes to replays.
I will make a thread were the drivers involved can post their "incident" reports - this will be the way to do it for future replays.

Since there has been no replies on what IM (Instant Messaging) the ones involved are using I will make a conversation here and see if that does its purpose.

I'll give this about 3 days, after that i'll cancel/pause the voicejob...

I am not to sure what you mean by this, is there a timeframe for this?
Had I known that I would have prioritized it. ;)

I will update the OP so the script can be easily accessed.

What? There is always need for Race Reviews :)
I can imagine that noone who doesnt see the broadcast is willing to watch one and a half hours afterwards only to know the result.
So I think a highlight vid for every race is as important as before :)

Yeah, me going in a media school does change a bit things.. No more worries about hardware... Plus with all the streaming, replay videos etc. when 1/3 of the curriculum is web-media, streaming etc.... I can use this to get credit so, very much this is alive..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%